From: [email-masked] (Markus Fromherz)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 21:46:06 +0200

(Giorgio Levi), [email-masked], [email-masked],
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked] (A. Momogliano), [email-masked]
 
  (Bernhard Moeller), [email-masked], [email-masked],
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
 [email-masked], [email-masked] (Daniele Nardi), [email-masked]
 
  (Neil Jones), [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked] (P. Stuckey), [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked] (Maurizio Proietti), 
 [email-masked] (Pascal Van Hentenryck), [email-masked], 
 [email-masked] (Alain Quere'), [email-masked] (R. Cousot),
 [email-masked], [email-masked] (U. Reddy), 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked] (S. Peyton Jones), [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
 
  (Thomas Lindgren), [email-masked], [email-masked]
  (Tim Hickey), [email-masked], [email-masked] (Toby Walsh), 
 [email-masked], [email-masked] (Torben Mogensen), 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked] (Andrei Voronkov), 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked],
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: 2nd CFP: ILPS'95 Workshop on Logic Programming Environments
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

                        CALL FOR PAPERS

         Seventh Workshop on Logic Programming Environments
         ------- -------- -- ----- ----------- ------------

                        December 8, 1995
                     Portland, Oregon, USA

                Held in conjunction with ILPS'95.

Description:
------------

  Logic programming environments have come a long way from the
original text-based paradigm.  Much work has been done on the creation
of better logic programming environments.  Furthermore, the
characteristics of logic programming languages often motivate
innovative approaches and techniques in the areas of user environments
and programming tools.  New logic programming languages, such as
constraint and concurrent languages, also motivate new programming
environments.

  The Seventh Workshop on Logic Programming Environments will provide
a forum for researchers and logic programming system developers to
exchange ideas and results on all aspects of environments for logic
programming.  This includes work related to design issues, new
techniques and tools, and the solution of noteworthy problems arising,
for example, from new logic programming languages or interesting
application areas.  Both state-of-the-practice and state-of-the-art
presentations are welcome.  Specific topic areas relevant to the
workshop include, but are not be limited to:

 * user interfaces and human engineering
 	e.g., support of program composition, execution control,
 	intelligent or enhanced debugging, embedded windowing
 	and graphics capabilities, execution visualization

 * software development tools
	e.g., program composition aids, automatic transformation
	or induction facilities, code partitioning and module schemes,
	debugging aids

 * provisions for new paradigms
	e.g., special characteristics or techniques for dealing with
	logic programming languages other than Prolog, such as parallel
	(LP) languages, constraint-based (LP) languages, languages
	merging logical and functional paradigms, visual languages, etc.

 * interfacing to other language system tools
 	e.g., interfacing to partial evaluators, source-to-source
  	transformers, global analyzers, abstract interpreters in the
  	underlying language system

 * interfacing to external systems
 	e.g., foreign-language interfaces, data-base and file system
 	interfaces, interfaces to external windowing and graphics
        systems

 * provisions for component integration
	e.g., interpreters, compilers, and solvers as component software

  The workshop will be informal in nature, allowing ample time for
questions and discussions as well as presentations.  However, all
presentations will be subject to a review process.  Registration for
the workshop will be open to all ILPS'95 attendees.  Duration of the
workshop is dependent upon the level of participation received, but is
expected to be one day.  A copy of the proceedings will be made
available to all participants.

  This workshop follows the 6th Workshop on Logic Programming
Environments, which was held in conjunction with ICLP'94.

Submissions:
------------

  Submissions are invited for presentation during the workshop.  All
presentations will be subject to peer review.  The bulk of
presentations is expected to be research papers, though posters and
software demonstrations (either live or on video tape) are also
welcome.

  Papers submitted for presentation are restricted to 6 pages in
length.  Authors are encouraged to write in the style of a "position
paper", and also identify whether state-of-the-practice or
state-of-the-art work is being described.

  Participants wishing to make poster presentations or give
demonstrations must submit an abstract describing the work.  A note
should also be included discussing any equipment or presentation
needs.

  The following guidelines apply to either type of submission:

 * The title, author name(s), affiliation(s), and address(es) (both
   postal and electronic), and date must be clearly given on the first
   page.

 * The actual submission should be in machine-readable form (either
   self-contained LaTeX source document or PostScript file), and
   submitted electronically (e.g., by electronic mail).  If it is not
   possible for authors to submit electronically, hard-copy
   submissions can be accommodated.

 * Submissions should be sent to
	[email-masked]
   Authors may wish to compress and uuencode large PostScript files
   before sending them to increase the probably of their safe and
   timely delivery ("compress" and "uuencode" are the standard
   UNIX facilities by those names, modern mail systems also include
   these features).
   If submission by e-mail is impossible, three copies of the
   submission should be sent by post to Markus Fromherz at the address
   below.

 * Participants can expect confirmation shortly after submission
   that their paper or abstract has been received and is printable.
   (Please allow a few days in certain circumstances.)
   Otherwise, they should send an electronic mail message describing
   the situation to
	[email-masked]
   or
	[email-masked]

  Final paper versions will also be required in machine-readable form,
  with electronic submission.

Dates:
------

	Deadline for submissions:		Sept. 11, 1995
	Notification of review results:		Oct. 16, 1995
	Final version of papers due:		Nov. 13, 1995

	Workshop				Dec. 8, 1995

We welcome your input:
----------------------

  Suggestions or proposals for panel discussions in focused areas
are also invited.

Organizers:
-----------

	Dr. Markus Fromherz
	Xerox PARC
	3333 Coyote Hill Road
	Palo Alto, CA 94304
	U.S.A.
	tel:    (415) 812 4273		fax: (415) 812-4334
	email:	[email-masked]

	Dr. Anthony J. Kusalik
	Department of Computational Science
	University of Saskatchewan
	Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
	S7N 0W0 Canada
	tel:	(306) 966 4904		fax: (306) 966 4884
	email:	[email-masked]

	Dr. Marc Kirschenbaum
	Dept. of Math. and Comp. Sci.
	John Carroll University
	Cleveland, OH 44118
	U.S.A.
	tel:	(216) 397-4684
	email:	[email-masked]

Pertinent Network Information:
------------------------------

  Public information (e.g., this call-for-participation, and
eventually the workshop program) is (will be) available by WWW at

	http://www.cs.usask.ca/projects/envlop/wlpe-95.html

-------------- CUT HERE for LaTeX version ---------------

\documentstyle{article}
\oddsidemargin -15mm
\evensidemargin -15mm
\topmargin -0.9in
\textheight 29cm
\textwidth 19cm
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}

\begin{center}

\begin{Large}
\centerline{CALL FOR PAPERS}
\centerline{\bf Seventh Workshop on Logic Programming Environments}
\end{Large}

\vspace{3mm}

\centerline{December 8, 1995}
\vspace{1mm}
\centerline{Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.}
\vspace{1mm}
\centerline{\it Held in conjunction with ILPS\,'95}
\vspace{-1mm}
\centerline{\rule{17.5cm}{.5pt}}

\begin{footnotesize}

\vspace{2mm}

\begin{tabular}{l@{\hspace{5mm}}l}
\begin{minipage}[t]{8.4cm} %{8.4cm}
\setlength{\parskip}{1mm}

\centerline{\normalsize DESCRIPTION}

\vspace{1mm}

Logic programming environments have come a long way from the original
text-based paradigm.  Much work has been done on the creation of better
logic programming environments.  Furthermore, the characteristics of
logic programming languages often motivate innovative approaches and
techniques in the areas of user environments and programming tools.

The Seventh Workshop on Logic Programming Environments will provide a
forum for researchers and logic programming system developers to
exchange ideas and results on all aspects of environments for logic
programming.  This includes work related to design issues, new
techniques and tools, and the solution of noteworthy problems arising,
for example, from new logic programming languages or interesting
application areas.  Both state-of-the-practice and state-of-the-art
presentations are welcome. Specific topic areas
relevant to the Workshop include, but are not be limited to:
\begin{itemize}
\vspace{0.5mm}
\item
{\bf user interfaces and human engineering}\\ {\it support of program
composition, execution control, intelligent or enhanced debugging,
embedded windowing \& graphics capabilities, execution visualization}

\vspace{0.5mm}
\item
{\bf software development tools}
\\
{\it program composition aids, automatic transformation or induction
facilities, code partitioning \& module schemes, debugging aids}

\vspace{0.5mm}
\item
{\bf provisions for new paradigms}
\\
{\it special characteristics or techniques for dealing with logic
programming languages other than Prolog, such as parallel (LP)
languages, constraint-based (LP) languages, languages merging logical
\& functional paradigms, visual languages etc.}

\vspace{0.5mm}
\item
{\bf interfacing to other language system tools}
\\
{\it interfacing to partial evaluators, source-to-source trans\-formers,
global analyzers, abstract interpreters in the underlying language
system.}

\vspace{0.5mm}
\item
{\bf interfacing to external systems}
\\
{\it foreign language interfaces, database \& file system interfaces,
interfaces to external windowing \& graphics systems}

\vspace{0.5mm}
\item
{\bf provisions for component integration}
\\
{\it e.g., interpreters, compilers, and solvers as component software}
\end{itemize}

\vspace{2mm}
This workshop follows the Sixth Workshop on Logic Programming
Environments, which was held in conjunction with ICLP\,'94.  The
workshop will be informal in nature, allowing ample time for questions
and discussions as well as presentations. Registration for the
workshop will be open to all ILPS\,'95 attendees.  Duration of the
workshop is dependent upon the level of participation received, but is
expected to be half a day.  A copy of the proceedings will be made
available to all participants.

\end{minipage}

&

\begin{minipage}[t]{8.7cm}
\setlength{\parskip}{1mm}

\centerline{\normalsize SUBMISSIONS}

\vspace{1mm}

Submissions are invited for presentation during the workshop.  All
presentations will be subject to peer review.  The bulk of presentations
are expected to be research papers, though posters and software
demonstrations (either live or on video tape) are also welcome.
Suggestions or proposals for panel discussions in focused areas are also
invited.

Papers submitted for presentation are restricted to {\bf 6 pages} in
length.  Authors are encouraged to write in the style of a ``position
paper'', and also identify whether state-of-the-practice or
state-of-the-art work is being described.

Participants wishing to make poster presentations or give demonstrations
must submit an abstract describing the work.  A note should be included
describing any equipment or presentation needs.

The following guidelines apply to either type of submission:
\begin{itemize}
\item
The title, author name(s), affiliation(s), and address(es) (both
postal and electronic) and date must be clearly given on the first
page.
\item
The actual submission must be in machine-readable form (either
self-contained \LaTeX\,source document or PostScript file), and
submitted electronically (e.g., by e-mail).  If it is not possible for
authors to submit electronically, hard-copy submissions can be
accommodated.
\item
Submissions should be sent to \[email-masked]+.  Authors
may wish to compress and uuencode large PostScript files before
sending them to increase the probability of their safe and timely
delivery (\verb+compress+ and \verb+uuencode+ are the standard UNIX
facilities by those names).  If submission by e-mail is impossible,
three copies of the submission should be sent by post to Markus
Fromherz at the address below.
\item
Participants can expect confirmation shortly after submission that
their paper or abstract has been received and is printable.  (Please
allow a few days in certain circumstances.)  Otherwise they should
send an electronic mail message describing the situation to
\[email-masked]+ or \[email-masked]+.
\end{itemize}

Final paper versions will also be required in machine-readable form,
with electronic submission.

\centerline{\rule{8.6cm}{.5pt}}
\vspace*{1mm}
\centerline{\normalsize DATES}
\vspace*{-3mm}
\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{rl}
  Sept. 11, 1995 & deadline for submissions\\
  Oct. 16, 1995 & notification of review results\\
  Nov. 13, 1995 & final version of papers due
\end{tabular}
\end{center}
\vspace*{-2mm}
\centerline{\rule{8.6cm}{.5pt}}
\vspace*{1mm}
\centerline{\normalsize NETWORK INFORMATION}
%
This CFP, and later the workshop program, is (will be) available by
WWW at\\ \verb+http://www.cs.usask.ca/projects/envlop/wlpe-95.html+.

\end{minipage}

\end{tabular}

\vspace{2mm}

\centerline{\rule{17.5cm}{.5pt}}

\vspace{1mm}
\centerline{\normalsize ORGANIZERS}

\vspace{1mm}

\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{lll}
   Dr.\,Markus Fromherz &
   Dr.\,Anthony Kusalik &
   Dr.\,Marc Kirschenbaum\\

   Xerox PARC &
   Dept.\ of Computational Science &
   Dept. of Math. and Comp. Sci.\\

   3333 Coyote Hill Road &
   University of Saskatchewan &
   John Carroll University\\

   Palo Alto, CA 94304 &
   Saskatoon, Saskatchewan &
   Cleveland, OH 44118\\

   U.S.A. &
   S7N 0W0 Canada &
   U.S.A.\\

   tel:\,+1\,415\,812-4273 &
   tel:\,+1\,306\,966-4904 &
   tel:\,+1\,216\,397-4684 \\

   fax:\,+1\,415\,812-4334 &
   fax:\,+1\,306\,966-4884 &
   \ \\

   email:\,\[email-masked]+&
   email:\,\[email-masked]+ &
   email:\,\[email-masked]+
\end{tabular}
\end{center}

\end{footnotesize}
\end{center}
\end{document}