Subject: Umweltinformatik 1999
From: Kerstin Lange <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:21:14 +0100

CALL FOR PAPERS
===============

13th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS

August 30th to September 1st 1999

Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg, Germany

Conference Theme
-----------------
Environmental Information Systems between Theory and Application 

Hosts
-----
Gesellschaft für Informatik
Fachausschuss 4.6

Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg
Institute of Technical and Business Information Systems

Objectives of the Symposium
---------------------------
The symposium is a forum for the exchange of results of current 
research and experiences between scientists and practitioners from
industry and the public sector. Scientific papers are welcome as well
as reports on current research projects or innovative solutions from 
industrial developments. Submissions can be presented as scientific 
talks or in our exhibition. Current developments can be discussed in 
workshops, too.
Topics of the conference are reaching from environmental management
information Systems to regional and global environmental information 
systems, from the employment of sophisticated visualisation techniques 
and databases to artificial intelligence, from simulation and modeling 
to distributed systems.

Main Topics
-----------
Primarily, environmental information systems support measures for 
environmental protection. Therefore, two main topics should examine
more closely, which results from research and development are influen-
cing which success factors and measures of environmental protection in 
practice. The main topics are the following:

1. Environmental information systems for the management of disused toxic
   waste sites and landscape protection 

The demands on management of disused toxic waste sites are changing: 
Since in the past the clearance of environmental damages was the main 
goal of such measures, nowadays the prevention of environmental damages 
in landscape protection is required. Submissions regarding this topic 
should deal with innovative computer-based solutions for the management 
of  disused toxic waste sites or the prevention of future damages.
 
2. Environmental information systems for the improvement of Environ-
   mental Performance

Environmental Performance is a term which can be interpreted in double 
sense: From am ecological viewpoint, it describes the impact of environ-
mental measures on ground, water, and air. From a business perspective, 
environmental performance means the effect on image, strategic position 
or other success factors in the market caused by eco-friendly products 
or behavior of a company. 

However, the symposium is open to all current developments in the field 
of environmental information systems.
 
Exhibition
----------
The symposium is complemented by an exhibition, enabling providers of 
innovative solutions to present their systems to experts and users. The 
exhibition area is close to the conference rooms. 

Students' program
-----------------
A special students' program will be offered including a job information 
area, a meeting of students writing their diploma thesis, a party and 
excursions. 

Conference week
---------------
The Symposium takes place in co-operation with the Symposium on Ope-
rations Research 1999 (SOR ´99), organized by the "Gesellschaft fuer 
Operations Research (GOR)", which occurs from September 1st to 3rd 1999 
at the Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg, too. On afternoon of
Sep-
tember 1st a joint session on energy, environment, and health is
planned.
 
Conference languages
--------------------
Conference languages are German and English. The Call for papers is 
available in German, English and Spanish. 

Submissions
----------- 
Extended abstracts of scientific papers and proposals for workshops 
should not extend four pages (single space, 12 pt). Please send four 
copies in German or English to the conference chair. Proposals for work-
shops should include a content description and a preliminary list of 
speakers. 
Electronic submissions via Email are preferred. Please use Word, RTF,
PS, ASCII or PDF format for Your attachment. The final paper will have
a maximum length of 14 pages. A mandatory style sheet can be downloaded
from our homepage. 

Important deadlines
-------------------
Submission of Abstracts: 	February 10th 1999
Notification of acceptance:	March 31st 1999 
Submission of final papers: 	May 28th 1999 

Contacts
--------
Please send submission to:

Prof. Dr. Claus Rautenstrauch
Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg
Institut für Technische und Betriebliche Informationssysteme (FIN/ITI)
PO Box 4120
D-39016 Magdeburg
Phone: +49-391-67-18385
Fax: +49-391-67-11216
Email: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www-wi.cs.uni-magdeburg.de

All questions regarding organization:

Kerstin Lange
Mail address and fax see above
Phone: +49-391-67-18386 
Email: [email-masked]

URL
---
http://www-wi.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/ui99

Conference chair
----------------
C. Rautenstrauch, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg

Organization 
------------
K. J. Fellner, K. Lange, H.-J. Luettich, J. C. Marx-Gómez, 
S. Patig, A. Scholz, T. Schulze, K. Turowski, J. Ziller
Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg

Program comitee
---------------
J. Alier, Universidad Autonomica Barcelona (E)
A. Baumewerd-Ahlmann, RAG Informatik Gelsenkirchen
R. Denzer, HTW Saarbruecken
P. Fullana, Randa Group Barcelona (E)
W. Geiger, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe
R. Grützner, Universität Rostock
R. Güttler, HTW Saarbruecken
H.-D. Haasis, Universitaet Bremen
L. M. Hilty, Hochschule für Wirtschaft, Olten (CH)
R. Hohmann, Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg
A. Jaeschke, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe
D. Klöditz, FH Anhalt Koethen
H. Kürzl, LMS Umweltsysteme Leoben (A)
E. Luque Fadon, Universidad Autonomica Barcelona (E)
B. Page, Universitaet Hamburg
W. Pillmann, OeBIG Wien (A)
K. C. Ranze, Universitaet Bremen
C. Rautenstrauch, Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg (chair)
W.-F. Riekert, Hochschule für Bibliotheks- und Informationswesen
Stuttgart
G. Saake, Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg
M. Schenk, Fraunhofer IFF Magdeburg
T. Spengler, Universitaet Karlsruhe
A. Tuma, Universitaet Bremen
K. Turowski, Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg
K. Voigt, GSF Neuherberg
R. Waschkowski, RAG Informatik Gelsenkirchen
S. Wrobel, GMD St. Augustin 

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Claus Rautenstrauch

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

Achtung: 13. Symposium Informatik fuer den Umweltschutz
30.08.-01.09.1999 in Magdeburg
Call for Papers & mehr http://www-wi.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/ui99/