Subject: Expert Systems 97: Preliminary Announcement
From: "Max Bramer" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 13:16:29 +0100

BRITISH COMPUTER SOCIETY

               SPECIALIST GROUP ON EXPERT SYSTEMS (SGES)

                            ANNUAL CONFERENCE

                           EXPERT SYSTEMS '97

PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT

The seventeenth annual Conference of the British Computer Society
Specialist Group on Expert Systems, Expert Systems '97, will again be
held in Cambridge from December 15th-17th 1997.

The objective of the ES series of conferences is to bring
together researchers and application developers from the
business, industrial and academic communities to discuss issues
and solutions to problems based on techniques derived from
Artificial Intelligence.

It is expected that the conference will continue with the format
of previous years, with a day of tutorials followed by a two-day
main conference with two streams of fully refereed technical and
applications papers.

Papers of up to 5,000 words

(a) representing original work on theoretical areas  of
Knowledge-Based Systems or related areas of Applied AI (Neural
Networks, Case-Based Reasoning, Knowledge Discovery etc.)

or (b) presenting case studies of knowledge based systems that
address real-world problems

are invited for the technical and applications streams,
respectively.

Papers submitted to both streams will be refereed and those
accepted will again be published in book form in the 'Research
and Development in Expert Systems' and 'Applications and
Innovations in Expert Systems' series.

A Call for Papers giving further information will be issued in
February. It is likely that the final date for submitting papers
will be in mid-June.

To register interest in attending or to ensure you are sent a
copy of the Call for Papers email

     Mrs.Kit Stones (The Conference Team)
     The Conference Team 
     17 Spring Road 
     Kempston, Bedford MK42 8LS 
     Tel/Fax +44 (0)1234-302490    

     email: [email-masked]