Subject: 2nd CFP Brazilian Symposium on AI (SBIA'95) **change of submission date**
From: [email-masked]
Date: 5 Apr 1995 18:09:52 GMT
Newsgroups: news.announce.conferences

This announcement is also available through the conferences announcement index:
<URL:http://www.iao.fhg.de/Library/conferences>.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                          SBIA'95

                    BRAZILIAN CONFERENCE
                             ON
                   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

                    2nd Call for Papers
		
                     October 11-13, 1995
		Unicamp, Campinas SP, BRAZIL

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 1, 1995  

******* Please note the submission deadline change *********

The XII Brazilian Conference on Artificial Intelligence (SBIA'95) will
be held at State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil, on October
11-13,  1995.   SBIA'95 will be  run  as  an international conference,
English being the official language.

The conference welcomes   submissions on  all  areas of    Artificial
Intelligence and will cover both theoretical issues and applications.

                   SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
                   -------------------- 
Authors must submit  five (5) complete  printed copies of their papers
to the "SBIA'95 submission address".  Papers  must be in English.  Fax
or electronic  submissions will not be  accepted. Submissions  must be
printed on A4 or 8 1/2"x11" paper using 12  point type. Each page must
have a maximum  of 38 lines and  an average of  75 characters per line
(corresponding  to the LaTeX   article-style, 12 point).  Double-sided
printing is strongly encouraged.  The body of submitted papers must be
at most 12  pages, including  title,  abstract, figures,  tables,  and
diagrams, but excluding the title page and bibliography.

Submissions MUST BE RECEIVED by the deadline date.

                     ELECTRONIC ABSTRACT
                     ------------------- 
In addition to  submitting the paper  copies,  authors should send  to
[email-masked] a short (200 words) electronic abstract of their
paper  to aid the reviewing process.   The electronic abstract must be
in plain ASCII text (no LaTeX)) in the following format:

            TITLE: <title of the paper>
            FIRST AUTHOR: <last name, first name>
            EMAIL: <email of the first author>
            FIRST ADDRESS: <first author address>
            COAUTHORS: <their names, if any>
            KEYWORDS: <keywords separated by commas>
            ABSTRACT: <text of the abstract>

Authors are requested to select 1-3 appropriate keywords from the list
below: applications, agent-oriented programming, automated  reasoning,
belief   revision,  case-based reasoning,   common  sense   reasoning,
constraint satisfaction,  distributed   AI, expert   systems,  genetic
algorithms,   knowledge  representation,  logic  programming,  machine
learning,   natural  language understanding,   nonmonotonic reasoning,
planning, qualitative reasoning,  real-time systems, robotics, spatial
reasoning, theorem proving,  theory of computation,  tutoring systems.
Authors are welcome to add additional keywords descriptors as needed.

                      REVIEW OF PAPERS
                      ----------------  

Submissions will be  judged on significance,  originality, quality and
clarity.  Reviewing  will be blind  to the  identities of the authors.
This  requires that authors    exercise   some care not  to   identify
themselves in their papers.  Each copy of the paper  must have a title
page, separated from the body of the paper, including the title of the
paper, the names and addresses of all authors, a list of content areas
(see above)  and any acknowledgments.  The  second page should include
the same title, a short abstract of less than 200 words, and the exact
same contents  areas,  but not   the  names  nor  affiliations of  the
authors.  This  page may include  text  of the paper.   The references
should   include  all published   literature  relevant  to  the paper,
including previous works   of  the authors,  but  should  not  include
unpublished works  of the authors. When  referring to one's  own work,
use the third  person. For  example,  say "previously, Peter [17]  has
shown that  ...".  Try to avoid including  any information in the body
of  the paper or references that  would  identify the authors or their
institutions.  Such information can be added to the final camera-ready
version for publication.  Please  do not staple  the title page to the
body of the paper. Submitted papers must be unpublished.

                       POSTER SECTION
                       --------------

There  will be  a poster section  for  presentation of  a more applied
minded work, like AI applications on manufacturing, finances, services,
and so on. The posters may be in English, Portuguese or Spanish. There
will  also  be  an opportunity   for the  demonstration  of  AI related
products and examples of AI applications.

                    CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRS
                    --------------------

Ariadne Carvalho                   Jacques Wainer
DCC-IMECC                          DCC-IMECC
UNICAMP				   UNICAMP
Caixa Postal 6065                  Caixa Postal 6065
Campinas, SP 13081-970             Campinas, SP 13081-970
BRAZIL                             BRAZIL
Phone: +55 (192) 398442            Phone: +55 (192) 398442  
Fax: +55 (192) 397470              Fax: +55 (192) 397470
Email: [email-masked]      Email: [email-masked]

                      PROGRAM COMMITTEE
                      -----------------

Carlos Alchourron (Argentina)      Maria Carolina Monard (Brazil)     
Guilherme Bittencourt (Brazil)     Eugenio Oliveira (Portugal)
Helder Coelho (Portugal)           Donia Scott (UK)
Yves Demazeau (France)		   Clarisse S. de Souza (Brazil)
Gerhard Fischer (US)		   Tarcisio Pequeno (Brazil)
Peter Gardenfors (Sweeden)         Jose Armando Valente (Brazil)
Hector Geffner (Venezuela)   	   Rosa Vicari (Brazil)
Soundar Kumara (US)	           Jacques Wainer (Brazil)
Gabriel Lopes (Portugal)

                        DEADLINES
                        ---------

    Papers Submission: ................. May 1, 1995
    Notification to Authors:............. June 12, 1995	
    Poster Submission: .................. June 12, 1995

               SUBMISSION & INQUIRIES ADDRESS
               ------------------------------
SBIA'95
DCC - IMECC
Universidade Estadual de Campinas
Caixa Postal 6065
13081-970  Campinas - SP 
BRAZIL

Fax: +55 (192) 398442
Email: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/dcc-info/sbia95

		      INVITED SPEAKERS
		      ----------------

The following have confirmed their participation as invited speakers at
the SBIA. 

Gerhard Fischer   (University of Colorado)
Jerry   Hobbs     (SRI)
Soundar Kumara    (Pennsylvania State University)
Cecile  Paris     (University of Brighton)
Michael  Wellman   (University of Michigan)

                        ABOUT CAMPINAS
                        --------------
                       
Campinas  is a major  industrial center and  houses one of the leading
Brazilian universities.  It is located at about one hundred kilometers
from Sao  Paulo city.  Its climate  is very pleasant, with hot summers
and   dry winters  and the  average   temperature is  about 20 degrees
Celsius.