Subject: AI Conference '97 Call for papers
From: [email-masked] (Dr Vijay Kumar Sagar)
Date: 6 Feb 1996 08:47:47 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.ai

--------

The Joint Pacific Asian Conference on Expert Systems/Singapore
International Conference on Intelligent Systems (PACES/SPICIS '97)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

                ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

                        24-27 February, 1997

                        Singapore

                PACES/SPICIS'97:  First Call for Papers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pacific Asian Conference on Expert Systems and the Singapore
International Conference on Intelligent Systems are both biennial
international events which focus on intelligent systems and their
applications. These two events have been combined for the 3rd offering in
1997. The objectives of the PACES/SPICIS '97 conference are to promote
research and development in the areas of intelligent systems in:

- providing a forum for the introduction and discussion of new research
results and technologies
- encouraging the exchange of ideas and experiences in the development of
artificial intelligence applications
- providing a forum for practitioners to review and evaluate new results,
tools and methods in the areas of intelligent systems development
- providing a forum for researchers to become exposed to practical problems
in the development of intelligent systems

This conference is designed to fulfil the needs of a diverse body of
attendees, including: researchers, practitioners/developers, users,
educators, system managers, and product vendors. The focus of the
conference is on discovering and exploiting new opportunities afforded by
global networking and the internet using intelligent computing techniques
through

"Intelligence in and on the Information Superhighway."

The Joint Pacific Asian Conference on Expert Systems/Singapore
International Conference on Intelligent Systems (PACES/SPICIS'97) will be
held from 24th February through 27th February, 1997 in Singapore.

The conference will  include: Tutorials, Technical Sessions of Invited,
Oral and Poster papers and an Exhibition of Vendor Products.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call for Papers

Papers describing research results, theory, applications and tutorial
material related to intelligent systems may be submitted for the
conference. The conference will combine presentations from industrial,
academic as well as research organisations. Proposals for Tutorials and
Panels are also invited. Topics of interest include:

        - very large databases
        - intelligent navigation tools and techniques
        - intelligent executive information systems
        - distributed intelligent agents
        - user interfaces
        - distributed expert systems
        - distant ICAI learning
        - decision support systems
        - neural networks
        - fuzzy systems
        - genetic algorithms
        - multimedia systems
        - image and voice processing
        - virtual systems
        - database mining
        - case-based reasoning
        - other related topics of interest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organisers

School of Applied Science, Nanyang Technological University
Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore
Japan-Singapore AI Centre, Information Technology Institute

Co-Sponsors

National Computer Board
Singapore Computer Society (AI Chapter)
Institution of Electrical Engineers (UK)

and in cooperation with

American Association for Artificial Intelligence
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (Singapore Section)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submissions of Papers, Tutorials and Panels:

Extended abstracts (4 pages) due:       31st May, 1996
Author notification:                    31st July, 1996
Full Cameral Ready papers due:          30th September, 1996

Tutorial and Panel Proposals due:       28th June, 1996

Three copies of an original extended abstract (4 pages) for oral or poster
presenation, with all authors names and affiliations and the contact
information of the lead author on the front sheet, must reach the
conference secretariat at the address below by 31st May 1996.

Proposals for tutorials, and panel sessions should also be sent to the
address below by 28th June 1996.

        PACES/SPICIS'97 Conference Secretariat,
        Centre for Continuing Education,
        Nanyang Technological University,
        Singapore 639798

Final camera-ready papers of between 2000 and 5000 words in length suitable
for publication in the proceedings will be required by 30th September and
must not have been previously published or under consideration elsewhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Social Events

Conference social events will include tours to local areas of interest, a
conference banquet and a special Singapore evening social event.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further Information

For further information on the conference arrangements the following
persons may be contacted:

Local Arrangements                              Programme Details

Dr. Graham Leedham                      Dr. Dan Patterson
Chair, Organising Committee             Chair, Program Committee
School of Applied Science               Institute of Systems Science
Nanyang Technological University        National University of Singapore
Nanyang Avenue                          Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Singapore  639798                       Singapore  119597

URL:    http://www.ntu.ac.sg/sas/paces97.html
Email:  [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------