Subject: CfP: Multistrategy Learning Workshop
From: Lorenza Saitta <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], scott@[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 15:07:56 +0100

**************************************************************************

				Call for Papers
		============================================

		    The Fourth International Workshop on
                       MULTISTRATEGY LEARNING (MSL'98)

  			      June 11-13, 1998
		    Desenzano del Garda (Brescia, Italy)
		==============================================

The rapid expansion of Machine Learning approaches and methods creates a
strong need for investigating their relationships and for providing
frameworks in which they can fruitfully and easily be integrated.
Multistrategy Learning Workshops provide a forum for presenting and
discussing research on these topics and related issues, such as
interactions between Machine Learning and other fields, in particular,
Cognitive Science, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Intelligent Agents,
and Natural Language Processing.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

* Comparative studies of learning strategies, methods and paradigms
* Cognitive models of learning, inference, and discovery
* Knowledge extraction from data, texts and/or images
* Multistrategy methods for learning and/or mining WWW
* Multistrategy learning systems
* Methods for integrating learning strategies
* Control in multistrategy learning systems
* Applications

MSL'98 will be held in Desenzano del Garda, a picturesque village on the
Garda Lake (near Brescia), easily reachable by train from Milan. Detailed
instructions to reach Desenzano, and information about hotels will be
distributed later.

			     Organisers
			     ----------

Floriana ESPOSITO, Co-Chair		Lorenza SAITTA, Co-Chair
Università di Bari (Italy)		Università di Torino (Italy)
[email-masked]			[email-masked]

	Ryszard MICHALSKI, Co-Chair
	George Mason University and Polish Academy of Sciences
	[email-masked]

			    Submissions
 			    -----------

Four copies of manuscripts (limited to 15 double-spaced pages) must be
received, no later than March 30, 1998, by any of the chairpersons at the
addresses below:

Floriana ESPOSITO	Ryszard MICHALSKI		Lorenza SAITTA
Dip. di Informatica	Site 2, MS 4A5			Dip. di Informatica
Università di Bari	George Mason Univ.		Università di Torino
Via Orabona 4		4400 University Drive		Corso Svizzera 185
70126 Bari (Italy)	Fairfax, VA 22030-4444(USA)	10149 Torino (Italy)

Acceptance notices will be sent by e-mail no later than April 30, 1998, and
the final manuscripts is due by May 15, 1998.

Any inquiry related to the workshop must be sent to [email-masked]
A Web page can be found at URL : http://www.di.unito.it/~msl98