Subject: CFP:KBCS-96 International Conference on Knowledge Based Computer Systems
From: KBCS96 <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 08:32:49 +0200

Call for Papers
                          INTERNATIONAL   CONFERENCE ON
                         KNOWLEDGE BASED COMPUTER SYSTEMS
                     National Centre for Software Technology
                                  Bombay, India
                               December 16-18, 1996

                URL : http://konark.ncst.ernet.in/~kbcs/kbcs96.html
____________________________________________________________________________
The International Conference on Knowledge Based Computer  Systems will be held
in  Bombay, India during December 16-18, 1996.   The conference is intended to
act as  a  forum for promoting  interaction among  researchers in the field of 
Artificial  Intelligence  in  India  and  abroad.  There  will  be  a two  day 
conference    during    December  16-17,  1996    followed   by  one  day   of 
post-conference tutorials  on December 18, 1996.

Papers are  invited on  substantial, original  and unpublished  research  on
all aspects of Artificial  Intelligence, including, but  not limited to  the
following:
o AI Applications              o AI Architectures
o Artificial Life              o Automatic Programming
o Cognitive Modeling           o Expert Systems
o Foundations of AI            o Genetic Algorithms
o Information Retrieval        o Intelligent Tutoring Systems
o Knowledge Acquisition        o Knowledge Representation
o Machine Learning             o Machine Translation
o Natural Language Processing  o Neural Networks
o Planning and Scheduling      o Reasoning
o Robotics                     o Search Techniques
o Speech Processing            o Theorem Proving
o Uncertainty Handling         o User Interfaces
o User Modeling                o Vision

Programme Committee:

S. Arunkumar, IIT, Bombay              Amitava Bagchi, IIM, Calcutta
Pushpak Bhattacharya, IIT, Bombay      Margaret A. Boden, U of Sussex, UK
B. B. Chaudhuri, ISI, Calcutta         R. Chandrasekar, NCST, Bombay
S. S. Gupta, TUL, Bombay               J. R. Isaac, NIIT, New Delhi 
Aravind K. Joshi,                      R. A.  Kowalski, Imperial College, UK
       U of Pennsylvania, USA
H. N. Mahabala, INFOSYS, Bangalore     M. Narasimha Murthy, IISc, Bangalore
R. Narasimhan, CMC, Bangalore          S. Ramani, NCST, Bombay (Chair)
P. V. S. Rao, TIFR, Bombay             Patrick Saint-Dizier,
                                               U of Paul Sabatier, France
R. Uthurusamy, GMR, USA                M. Vidyasagar, CAIR, Bangalore

                                                                           2

Format of Submission:

Authors should submit  their papers,  not  to exceed  5000 words  (including
figures and  references) either  electronically or  in hard  copy.    Papers
should be in English.   Papers should include  an abstract of about  100-200
words in  length.    Papers  outside the  specified  length are  subject  to
rejection without review.   Since  reviewing will be  "blind", the  authors'
names and affiliations along with the main area of the paper should be given
only on a separate cover sheet.  Hard copy submissions should  be sent in
triplicate.   Papers in  electronic form can be in any of the following
formats:  plain text, Postscript, Latex, Microsoft Word (RTF format) or
Wordstar.  Submissions in electronic form are preferred.

Send papers to the KBCS-96 Secretariat at the address below.

Paper Submission Deadlines:

  o  Papers due:  July 31, 1996

  o  Acceptance Notification:  October 15, 1996

  o  Camera Ready Copy due:  December 1, 1996

Call for Tutorials:

Proposals are  invited for  post-conference  tutorials.   Tutorials  can  be
half-day  or full-day,  and  will be  held  on December  18th,  1996.    The
proposal should be presented  in the form of  a 200-word abstract, one  page
topical outline  of the  content,  description of  the proposers  and  their
qualifications relating to the tutorial content.

Tutorial Submission Deadlines:

  o  Proposal Submission:  July 31, 1996

  o  Acceptance Notification:  August 31, 1996
 
  o  Complete Tutorial materials due:  December 1, 1996

Send proposals to the KBCS-96 Secretariat at the address below.

Organizing Committee:

George Arakal, NCST (Chair)  K.S.R. Anjaneyulu, NCST
P. Ravi Prakash, NCST        Durgesh D. Rao, NCST
M. Sasikumar, NCST           T. Suresh, NCST

For further information  please refer to  the KBCS-96 home  page or
write  to the KBCS-96 Secretariat.

___________________________________________________________________________

Address
KBCS-96 Secretariat                      Phone :  +91 (22) 620 1606
National Centre for Software Technology  Fax :  +91 (22) 621 0139
Gulmohar Cross Rd No.  9                 E-mail :  [email-masked]
Juhu, Bombay 400 049, India
            URL : http://konark.ncst.ernet.in/~kbcs/kbcs96.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------