Subject: The Journal of Logic Programming: Inductive Logic Programming issue cfp
From: [email-masked] (David Page)
Date: 5 Mar 1996 18:13:46 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.ai

**********************************************************
                         CALL FOR PAPERS
   **********************************************************

           Special Issue: INDUCTIVE LOGIC PROGRAMMING

                THE JOURNAL OF LOGIC PROGRAMMING

                 Editor-in-Chief: M. Bruynooghe
                 Founding Editor: J.A. Robinson

         Guest Editors: Stephen Muggleton and David Page
             Oxford University Computing Laboratory

Inductive Logic Programming (ILP)  is  a  growing  research  area
spawned  by Logic Programming and Machine Learning. While the in-
fluence of Logic Programming has encouraged  the  development  of
strong  theoretical  foundations,  the new area has inherited its
experimental orientation from Machine Learning.  Already ILP  has
been  applied  successfully to a variety of complex problems, in-
cluding structure-activity and mutagenicity prediction of pharma-
ceutical   chemicals,   protein  secondary-structure  prediction,
finite-element mesh design, and optimal play in  chess  endgames.
For this special issue we encourage submission of papers describ-
ing novel ILP algorithms, experimental applications, or theoreti-
cal results.

                Submission deadline: JULY 1, 1996

Papers should be double spaced  and  8,000  to  12,000  words  in
length,  with full-page figures counting for 400 words.  All sub-
missions will be subject to the standard review procedure.

Send five (5) copies of submissions to:

David Page                                Phone: +44-1865-283-520
Oxford University Computing Lab             Fax: +44-1865-273-839
Wolfson Building                     Email: [email-masked]
Parks Road
Oxford, OX1 3QD
United Kingdom

JLP LaTeX style files will be made available and authors are  en-
couraged to use them to speed up the production process.  Authors
are REQUIRED to email a title and a 4-5 line abstract  to  arrive
by  June  1,  1996 to [email-masked] to facilitate the as-
signment of reviewers in advance.

                          NORTH-HOLLAND