Subject: JICSLP'96 - Call For Workshop Proposals (LaTeX version)
From: "Thomas H. Kolbe" <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Feb 1996 18:31:46 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog,comp.lang.functional,comp.lang.ml,comp.ai,comp.constraints

The following file is in LaTeX-Format:

--------------------------------cut here---------------------------------------

\documentstyle{article}
\pagestyle{empty}
\setlength{\topmargin}{-0.6in}
\setlength{\oddsidemargin}{-0.1in}
\setlength{\footheight}{1.5in}
\setlength{\footskip}{0.5in}
\setlength{\textheight}{9in}
\setlength{\textwidth}{6.3in}
\setlength{\parindent}{0in}
\setlength{\parskip}{0.05in}
%
\begin{document}
\begin{center}
{\large \bf Call For Workshop Proposals - JICSLP'96}\\[2ex]
{\large\bf Joint International Conference and Symposium on Logic
Programming}\\[1ex]
{\large\bf Post-Conference Workshops}\\[2ex]
Bonn, Germany\\
September 5-6, 1996\\
\end{center}

The Joint International Conference and Symposium on Logic Programming
will be held September 2-6, 1996, in Bonn, Germany.
Post-conference workshops are planned for September 5-6.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit
proposals from all areas of logic programming and on cross-disciplinary
topics involving logic programming.

To encourage active participation and exchange of ideas, the
workshops will be kept small, preferably under 40 participants.
The format of the workshop will be determined by the organizer(s)
proposing the workshop, but ample time must be allowed for general
discussion. Workshops can vary in length, but the optimal duration
will be half a day or a full day.  Having two or three co-organizers
for a workshop is strongly advised.  Workshops are particularly
appropriate for specialized subcommunities of researchers for
whom a larger workshop or conference is not yet justified.

Proposals for workshops should be about two pages in length, and
should contain:
\begin{itemize}
\item A description of the workshop, identifying specific technical
issues that will be addressed.
\item A discussion of the timeliness and relevance of the workshop.
\item The name, postal address, phone and fax numbers, and email
address of the workshop organizer(s) and identification of the
principal contact person.
\item A proposed schedule for organizing the workshop, a preliminary
agenda, and the preferred length of the workshop
(half a day or one day).
\end{itemize}

Proposals should be submitted no later than {\bf April 1, 1996}.
Organizers will be notified no later than {\bf April 30, 1996}.

Workshop organizers will be responsible for:
\begin{itemize}
\item Producing a ``Call for Participation'' in the workshop and
posting it via various electronic lists and/or other means.
\item Reviewing requests to participate in the workshop and selecting
participants.
\item Scheduling workshop activities.
\item Producing informal proceedings, if desired.
\end{itemize}

Please submit proposals and inquiries (hardcopy or e-mail) to:\\[1ex]
Michael Hanus\\
Informatik II\\
RWTH Aachen\\
D-52056 Aachen\\
Germany\\
Phone: +49-241/80-21230\\
Fax:   +49-241/8888-217\\
Email: {\tt [email-masked]}

\bigskip
General information about JICSLP'96 can be obtained from the
conference home page in WWW accessible
under {\tt http://www.informatik.uni-bonn.de/\~{}jicslp96}
\end{document}