Subject: CFP - Special Sessions on Genetic Algorithms and Neural Networks in Multimedia
From: [email-masked] (Irwin King)
Date: 7 Mar 1996 05:47:20 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.ai

**********************************************************************

		   C A L L    F O R    P A P E R S

			  Special Sessions On

		 1. GENETIC ALGORITHMS & PROGRAMMING
				 and
	    2. NEURAL NETWORKS IN MULTIMEDIA APPLICATIONS

			September 24-27, 1996
International Conference on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP'96)
   Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
		    http://www.cs.cuhk.hk/iconip96

**********************************************************************

The main objectives of these special sessions are:

  * To provide a forum for presenting and discussing theoretical and
    application issues on GA and GP
  * To provide a forum for presenting and discussing the application of 
    neural networks in multimedia systems
  * To promote collaboration between researchers internationally

1. Genetic Algorithms & Programming
=================================== 
We invite papers dealing with the theory and application of GA and GP.
Please submit a short abstract (1 page) via email to
[email-masked] as soon as possible.  If accepted, the full
paper will be required by April 12, 1996.

2. Neural Networks in Multimedia Applications
============================================= 
We invite papers dealing with the application of neural networks in
already implemented multimedia systems.  In particular, we are
interested in proven neural network techniques used for virtual
reality applications and multimedia databases.

Please submit a short abstract (1 page) via email to
[email-masked] as soon as possible.  If accepted, the full paper
will be required by April 12, 1996.

Please send inquiries to:

Genetic Algorithms & Programming     Neural Networks in Multimedia
================================     =============================
K.S. Leung                           Irwin King
Dept. of Comp. Sci. & Eng.           Dept. of Comp. Sci. & Eng.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong  The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, N.T.                         Shatin, N.T.
Hong Kong                            Hong Kong
[email-masked]               [email-masked]
Fax: (852) 2603-5024                 Fax: (852) 2603-5024