Subject: ICML-99 Call For Papers
From: ICML-99 (16th Intl Conf on Machine Learning) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:21:19 +0100 (MET)

+-------------------------------------------------+
 Apologies if you receive this CFP more than once.
+-------------------------------------------------+

On-line version of this CFP: http://www-ai.ijs.si/SasoDzeroski/ICML99/cfp.html
ICML-99 home page: http://www-ai.ijs.si/SasoDzeroski/ICML99/main.html

			 Call for Papers

      THE SIXTEENTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MACHINE LEARNING

                         June 27-30, 1999
			  Bled, Slovenia 

The Sixteenth International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML-99)
will be held at the Convention Center Festival Hall, Bled, Slovenia, 
from June 27 to June 30, 1999. ICML-99 will be co-located with   the 
Ninth International Workshop on Inductive Logic Programming (ILP-99).
     
Submissions are expected that describe empirical, theoretical, and
cognitive-modeling research in all areas of machine learning.
Submissions that present algorithms for novel learning tasks,
interdisciplinary research involving machine learning, or innovative
applications of machine learning techniques to challenging, real-world
problems are especially encouraged. For application papers, novelty and
lessons for the machine learning community are of particular interest.
All submitted papers will be reviewed by at least two members of the
international programme committee.

PAPER SUBMISSIONS: 
    
Authors must submit four (4) hardcopies and an electronic version 
(PostScript) of each submission, as well as a copy of the title page via email. 
    
The mailing address for hardcopies is:

  Ivan Bratko & Saso Dzeroski / ICML-99
  Jozef Stefan Institute 
  Jamova 39
  SI-1000 Ljubljana 
  Slovenia

  (phone +386 61 177 3528 for use on express mail forms)

Submissions must arrive by             *** February 1, 1999 ***,
acceptance decisions will be mailed by *** March   27, 1999 ***, and
camera-ready copies will be due by     *** April   19, 1999 ***.

Electronic versions (PostScript, preferrably gzipped)
should be emailed to [email-masked] with a subject "postscript submission".

We depend on the electronic versions in PostScript to cut mailing
costs and speed-up the reviewing process. Submissions not accompanied
by an electronic version will only be processed exceptionally, when the
authors cannot produce such an electronic version and have explained this
on the title page.
     
A copy of the title page (plain ascii text) should also be emailed to
[email-masked] with a subject "title page" by *** January 28, 1999 *** 
(note the date).

The title page should accompany each hardcopy submission, in addition
to being sent through electronic mail. The title page, both the
electronic and hardcopy versions, should be formatted as follows:

   Title:

   Authors with addresses:

   Abstract (250 word maximum):

   Keywords:

   Email address of contact author:

   Phone number of contact author:

   Electronic version: PostScript / None (please explain why not!)

   Multiple submission statement (if applicable):

PLEASE SEND YOUR TITLE PAGE AS PLAIN ASCII.
(Do NOT send PostScript, Latex, Microsoft Word, etc.)

Submissions (including the title page, figures, tables, and
references) must not exceed *** 16 pages ***.  Please start the body
of your paper on page 2, but you need not repeat the title, abstract, etc.
on that page. Staple each copy of the paper *including the title page*.
Two-sided printing is encouraged.

Submissions must be formatted as follows: 12-point font (except for
references, which can be formatted in a 10- or 11-point font),
single-spaced (Baselineskip = 0.1875 inches or 0.4763 cm), a maximum
per-page text width of 5.5 inches (14 cm), and a maximum per-page text
height of 7.5 in (19 cm). For those using LaTeX, a  style file and a sample 
source file are available through the on-line version of this call.
In the interest of fairness, if a submission exceeds the length dictated 
by the above requirements, it will be rejected without review.

Simultaneous submissions to multiple conferences are allowed, as long
as this is clearly indicated on the cover page. Accepted papers will be
published in the ICML'99 Proceedings, provided they are withdrawn from
the other conferences.

WORKSHOP PROPOSALS: 
   
ICML-99 Workshops will take place on June 30 at Hotel Park.
Workshop proposals should be submitted by *** January 10, 1999 ***
to the workshop chair Dunja Mladenic at [email-masked], 
cc: [email-masked], subject "icml99 workshop proposal".
Acceptance decisions will be mailed by *** February 1, 1999 ***. 
Camera-ready proceedings from the workshop organizers are due 
*** June 1, 1999 ***.

The proposals should not exceed three pages and should contain a title,
organizer (with contact details), tentative program committee, workshop
description and a draft call for papers for the workshop.

TUTORIAL PROPOSALS:

ICML-99 Tutorials will take place in the afternoon of June 26 at Hotel Park.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted by *** January 10, 1999 ***
to the tutorial chair Blaz Zupan at [email-masked], 
cc: [email-masked], subject "icml99 tutorial proposal".
Acceptance decisions will be mailed by *** February 1, 1999 ***.
Camera-ready tutorial notes from the lecturers are due *** June 1, 1999 ***. 

The proposals should not exceed two pages and
should contain a title, lecturer (with contact details), duration (hours),
a description of the tutorial and a brief profile of the lecturer.
+-------------------------------------------------+