Subject: Conference on Knowledge, Logic, Information
From: Cornelia Franzke <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 13:29:09 +0100

2nd Invitation to the 

                  International Conference on 

                  Knowledge, Logic, Information

   at the Technische Universit"at Darmstadt, February 18-20, 1998

This conference continues a sequence of meetings which started with 
the `Arbeitstagung Begriffsanalyse' in January 1986. The announced
international conference follows two meetings on  `Begriffliche
Wissensverarbeitung' in 1994 and 1995 and meetings on `Conceptual  
Knowledge Processing' in 1996 and on `Ordinal and Symbolic Data Analysis' 
in 1997. These conferences have been stimulated by the foundation of the 
`ErnstSchroederZentrum fuer Begriffliche Wissensverarbeitung' in which 
scholars from mathematics, computer, information and social sciences 
combine to advocate and work for a human-centered development and use of 
tools and media in information and knowledge processing. 

The 1998 conference shall continue exchange and discourse about actual
research on conceptual knowledge processing in connection with
human-centered approaches to logic and information.

Organizers of the conference are W. Hesse (Marburg), M. M. Richter
(Kaiserslautern), and R. Wille (Darmstadt) in cooperation with the
ErnstSchr"oderZentrum and the International Society of Knowledge
Organization (ISKO).  

Courses on Formal Concept Analysis will be offered immediately before
the conference (February 16-17, 1998) at the TU Darmstadt. 

Invited speakers are:
     Franz Baader (Aachen)
     Keith Devlin (Stanford, USA)
     Peter Eklund (Adelaide, Australia)
     Bernhard Ganter (Dresden)
     Guy W. Mineau (Quebec City, Canada)
     Ewa Orlowska (Warsaw, Poland)
     Stephen Read (St. Andrews, Scotland)
     Jerry Seligman (Min-Hsiung, Chia-Yi, Taiwan)
     John Sowa (Binghamton, NY, USA)
     Alex Verrijn-Stuart (Leiden, Netherlands)

The complete invitation, the invitation to the courses on Formal Concept
Analysis, and the latest information regarding the conference
can be found at

     http://www.mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de/ags/esz/activities.html

If you have any questions, please contact

     [email-masked]