Subject: ICCIMA 97 Final Submission Date Extended : Nov 15th
From: HKM <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 14:33:24 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.ai

ICCIMA'97
        International Conference on Computational Intelligence
                      and Multimedia Applications
                         February  10-12, 1997
              Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia

Final Call for Papers

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS

     Toshio Fukuda
     Dept. of  Microsystem Engineering
     NAGOYA UNIVERSITY
     JAPAN
     
     Mary Lou Maher
     Co-Director, Key Centre of Design Computing
     SYDNEY UNIVERSITY
     AUSTRALIA

     Ramana Reddy
     Director, Concurrent Engineering Research Centre
     West Virginia University
     USA

     Sargur Shrihari
     Director, Centre of Excellence for Document Analysis & Recognition (CEDAR)
     State University of New York at Buffalo
     USA

Submissions due November 15, 1996

The International Conference on Computational Intelligence and
Multimedia Applications will be held at Griffith University on
10-12   February   1997.  The  conference  will   provide   an
international forum for discussion on issues in the  areas  of
Computational  Intelligence  and  Multimedia  for  scientists,
engineers, researchers and practitioners.

Topics for ICCIMA'97

The Conference Programme Committee is now soliciting papers on
topics including, but not limited to:

     Artificial Intelligence
     Artificial Neural Networks
     Pattern Recognition
     Fuzzy Systems
     Genetic Algorithms
     Intelligent Control
     Intelligent Databases
     Knowledge-based Engineering
     Expert Systems
     Learning Algorithms
     Memory, Storage and Retrieval
     Natural Language/Text Processing
     Multimedia Systems
     Formal Model for Multimedia
     Interactive Multimedia
     Multimedia and Virtual Reality etc.,

The conference will include sessions on theory, implementation
and  applications,  as  well  as the  non-technical  areas  of
challenges  in education and technology transfer to  industry.
There will be both oral and poster sessions. Also several well-
known keynote speakers will address the conference.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Technical Programme
Committee on the basis of their technical quality, relevance
to the conference, novelty, significance and clarity.

Submission Details

     Full papers must be submitted by           November 15, 1996
     Acceptance letters will be posted by       December 2,  1996
     Registration and final paper due on        January  3,  1997

Authors  should  submit three copies of  the  full  paper  not
exceeding  5 pages in length including an abstract, all  text,
figures,  tables  and references. Papers must  be  written  in
English and should be prepared on 8.5" X 11" or A4 white paper
with  1" margins on all sides, one column format, in Times  or
similar style, 10 points or larger, and printed on one side of
the   paper  only.  Please  include  title,  author   name(s),
affiliation(s)  and email address on top  of  the  first  page
followed  by  an abstract. FAX submissions are not acceptable.
All  submissions  will be reviewed by the Technical  Programme
Committee  on the basis of their technical quality,  relevance
to ICCIMA'97, novelty, significance and clarity.

Submissions should be sent to:

     ICCIMA'97-Secretariat
     Faculty of Engineering & Applied Science
     Griffith University-Gold Coast
     PMB 50, Gold Coast Mail Centre
     Queensland  4217  Australia
                     
Further information about ICCIMA'97 can be obtained from :

     Brijesh Verma
     Faculty of Engineering & Applied Science
     Griffith University-Gold Coast
     PMB 50, Gold Coast Mail Centre Qld  4217  Australia
     E-mail: [email-masked]
     Phone: (61 7 ) 55948592
     Fax:   (61 7)  55948679
     http://www.ins.gu.edu.au/eas/~iccima97.htm
     
Organising Committee

     Brijesh Verma       (General Chair)
     Jun Jo              (Publications)
     Ann Nguyen          (Finance)
     Greg Cranitch       (Finance & Publicity)
     Helen King          (Administration)
     Debbie Amsler       (Administration-WWW)

Technical Programme Committee
                                   
     Abdul Sattar        Griffith University-Nathan, Australia
     Andre de Carvalho   University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
     Henry Selvaraj      Monash University, Australia
     Hyunsoo Lee         University of Yosei, Korea
     Jan Mulawka         Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
     Jong-Hwan Kim       Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, Korea
     Keith Carter        Griffith University-Gold Coast, Australia
     Michael Bove        MIT Media Laboratory, USA
     Mikio Takagi        University of Tokyo, Japan
     Praveen Sharma      NEC American, USA
     Nagarajan Ramesh    Tencor Instruments, USA
     Ramana Reddy        West Virginia University, USA
     Regu Subramanian    Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
     Sargur Srihari      State University of New York, USA
     Shyam Kapur         James Cook University-Cairns, Australia
     Sourav Kundu        Kanazawa University, Japan
     Subhash Wadhwa      Indian Institute of Technology, India
     Swapan Bhattacharya Indian Institute of Science, India
     Vishy Karri         University of Tasmania, Australia
     Xin Yao             The University of New South Wales, Australia
     
International Liaison

Asian Liaison

     Regu Subramanian
     Director 
     Network Technology Research Centre
     Nanyang Technological University,
     Singapore

U.S. Liaison

     Sargur Srihari
     Director 
     Centre of Excellence for Documentation Analysis & Recognition
     State University of New York
     USA

European Liaison

     Jan Mulawka
     Director
     Artificial Intelligence Labrotary
     Warsaw University of  Technology
     Poland

GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA

The  Gold Coast is 70 kilometres of stunning surf beaches  and
holiday destinations that stretch from South Stradbroke Island
down  to  Coolangatta and Twead Heads on the New  South  Wales
border. With millions of international and Australian visitors
each  year, the Gold Coast is one of Australia's most  popular
holiday destinations.

Centre  stage  is occupied by Surfers Paradise,  the  busiest,
most  glittering  segment of this coastal strip  with  a  wide
variety of accommodation, restaurants, live entertainment  and
shopping.  With more than 300 days of sunshine each year,  the
Gold Coast is only an hour's drive south of Brisbane.