Subject: ver"anderter und endg"ultiger CFP (Achtung Frank: neuer Titel!)
From: Erica Melis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 16:26:30 +0200

CALL FOR PAPERS
                           ===============

            7th German Workshop on Case-Based Reasoning 1999

               	       in Connection with XPS'99
 
		March 3.- 5. 1999  Wuerzburg, Germany

The 7th GWCBR workshop is organized by the German special interest group on
Case-Based Reasoning (CBR).  It will be a forum for the discussion of new
directions and work in progress in the field of CBR.  The workshop will try to
bring together research on theoretical and application issues of Case-Based
Reasoning. This time GWCBR will be held as a track of the XPS-99 conference.
Therefore we are interested in attracting also researchers from the field of
Machine Learning, in particular of Data Mining, in order to discuss applications
of ML beyond the indexing of data bases and of CBR in ML.

New challenges for the theoretically oriented research as well as for
applications arise from complicated case representations and from complex
solutions as, e.g., in case-based planning. These require new retrieval, reuse,
and adaptation techniques and hybrid reasoning. Therefore we want to concentrate
on the following topics, however, contributions to the workshop are welcome from the
whole field of CBR.

     Case-based and hybrid reasoning for complex solutions
     adaptation principles and techniques 
     task specific architectures (e.g. for diagnosis, configuration, design, planning) 
     techniques for managing large case bases
     acquisition and maintenance of knowledge for CBR
     CBR for data mining
     CBR in electronic commerce

Submission
----------

The workshop solicits research papers up to 10 pages LNAI style. All will
be reviewed by members of the program committee.

Authors are strongly encouraged to use Springer's LNAI templates 
(http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/index.html)
Please submit your contribution by e-mail in Postscript format
to [email-masked]

Dates
----- 

 -  Deadline for paper submission: September 30.,1998
 -  Notification of acceptance: October 30, 1998
 -  Final Versions due: December 15, 1998

For organizational details see http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~melis/gwcbr99.html

Program committee
-----------------

Erica Melis,		   University of Saarbruecken
Brigitte Bartsch-Sp"orl    BSR Consulting GmbH, Munich,
Ralph Bergmann		   University of Kaiserslautern,
Mehmet G"oker		   Daimler Benz AG, Ulm,
Mario Lenz		   Humboldt-University, Berlin,
Stefan Wess		   tecInno GmbH, Kaiserslautern,
Wolfgang Wilke	           University of Kaiserslautern