Subject: 5th German Workshop on Case-Based Reasoning (GWCBR'97)
From: Dietmar Janetzko <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 96 12:18:56 +0100

CALL FOR PAPERS

    5th German Workshop on Case-Based Reasoning (GWCBR'97)

         - Foundations, Systems, and Applications -

                Bad Honnef, March 4-5, 1997

The 5th German CBR workshop is organised by the German special
interest group on case-based reasoning in the German society for
computer science (GI) in co-operation with the German Chapter of the
"International Society for Knowledge Organization" (ISKO).

It aims at offering a forum for the presentation and discussion of
new directions and interesting work in progress in the field of
case-based reasoning and closely related areas such as knowledge
organisation. The workshop will try to bring together research on
technical and cognitive foundations of case-based reasoning as well
as practical requirements and experiences from the development of
industrial applications.

SUBMISSION AREAS

Contributions to the workshop are welcome from the whole
field of CBR.

Possible topics include:

- CBR in distributed environments (reactive agents, World-Wide-Web)
- acquisition and maintenance of knowledge for CBR
- experiences from system development
- cognitive and computational memory models
  (memory (re-)organization, retrieval,
  concept formation, abstraction)
- task specific architectures
  (e.g. for diagnosis, configuration, design, planning)
- similarity assessment
- adaptation techniques
- learning

TIME AND PLACE

The workshop is organised as part of the 4th German Conference on
knowledge-based systems (XPS-97) and takes place from March 4 to
March 5, 1997, just before the conference. Workshop and Conference
take place in Bad Honnef, close to Bonn.

CONTRIBUTIONS

Contributions to the workshop are welcome from the whole field of
CBR. Papers (3 copies) should be sent till 29.11.96 to:

       Dr. Ralph Bergmann
       Fachbereich Informatik
       Universitt Kaiserslautern
       Postfach 3049
       D-67653 Kaiserslautern, Germany

or can be submitted via email. Only UNIX-printable postscript files
(not compressed) can be accepted. Send your paper to:  
[email-masked]

Papers should not exceed 6 pages and may be written either in
English or German. The workshop languages are English and German. The
program committee decides about acceptance and length of presentation
at the workshop.

IMPORTANT DATES

       29.11.96  : deadline for abstracts
       16.12.96  : notification of acceptance
       10.1.97   : deadline for camera-ready copies
       4.-5.3.97 : 5th German Workshop on CBR
       6.-7.3.97 : XPS-97 main conference

PROGRAM and ORGANISATION COMMITEE

Ralph Bergmann, University of Kaiserslautern
Brigitte Bartsch-Sprl, BSR Consulting GmbH
Hans-Dieter Burkhard, Humboldt University, Berlin
Dieter Ehrenberg, University of Leipzig
Peter Jaenecke, Alcatel SEL AG
Dietmar Janetzko, University of Freiburg
Stefan Wess, Inference GmbH

WORLD WIDE WEB

Further information at
http://wwwagr.informatik.uni-kl.de/~bergmann/gwcbr97

________________________________________________________________
Dr. Ralph Bergmann                  Office: + 49 631 205 3361
University of Kaiserslautern        Secr.:  + 49 631 205 3362
Department of Computer Science      Fax:    + 49 631 205 3357
Centre for Learning Systems and Applications (LSA)
Postfach 3049
D-67653 Kaiserslautern
Germany

E-mail: [email-masked]
WWW: http://wwwagr.informatik.uni-kl.de/~bergmann
_______________________________________________________________