Subject: Envirosoft Conference 1998
From: "Sally Radford" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:39:33 BST

CALL FOR PAPERS

                   Seventh  International Conference

                              ENVIROSOFT 98

                    Development and Application of 
                         Computer Techniques 
                      to Environmental Studies

                       10 - 12 November 1998
                       Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Organised By:
Wessex Institute of Technology, Southampton, UK
and
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA

OBJECTIVES

ENVIROSOFT 98  encourages the submission of papers on recent advances
in environmental software, organisation of theories into structural
algorithms, mathematical models, software optimization, scope and
application of computer programs and all applications of computers to
environmental issues.

ENVIROSOFT 98 will present the most recent developments and practical
implementations in the theoretical, numerical and applicable aspects
of computer analysis, simulation, modelling, control and  forecasting
for environmental applications.  The Conference aims at the
establishment of a useful connection between originators of
environmental software programs and their possible users, thus
reducing the present large duplication of effort in software
development. 

The main objective of ENVIROSOFT 98 is the creation of a proper forum
for discussion among managers and engineers involved in the creation,
development or application of computer software to environmental
problems.

CONFERENCE DIRECTORS

Prof C A Brebbia
Wessex Institute of Technology, Southampton, UK
D W Pepper
University of Nevada Las Vegas, USA
P Zannetti
Failure Analysis Associates Inc. California, USA

INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY COMMITTEE

D Al Ajmi
Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research, Kuwait
J M Baldasano
ITEMA-UPC, Spain
J Bartnicki
Norwegian  Meteorological Institute, Norway
R Bornstein
San Jose University, USA
J Bowers
Westinghouse Savannah River Co.  USA
M Bonazountas
National Tech University, Greece
G Carmichael
University of Iowa, USA
G Gambolati
University of Padova, Italy
J-M Giovannoni
Ecole Polytechnique Federale of Lausanne, Switzerland
T V Hromadka II
Boyle Engineering Corporation, USA
G Ibarra
University of Basque Country, Spain
M Jacobson
Stanford University, USA
A J Jakeman
CRES, Australian National University, Australia
A A Jennings
Case Western Reserve University, USA
T J Lyons
Murdoch University, Australia
C Ratto
University of Genoa, Italy
R San Jose
Univ Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
T Tirabassi
FISBAT-CNR, Italy
Y Q Zhang
Lockheed Martin, USA

CONFERENCE THEMES
Papers are invited on the topics outlined below and other topics which
fall within the general scope of the conference.  Three copies of each
abstract should be submitted to the Conference Secretariat by 17 March
1998.  Abstracts should clearly state  the methodology, purpose,
results and conclusions of the final paper.

 Pollution: Air, Water, Soil, Noise, Radiation
 Mathematical Modelling
 Environmental Sciences and Engineering 
 Chemistry, Physics and Biology
 Surface and Groundwater Hydrology
 Marine Geotechniques, Oceaonography, Ocean Technology
 Meteorology and Climatology
 Geology and Geophysics
 Fluid Dynamics
 Satellite Data, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition
 Remote Sensing
 Databases
 Environmental Management and Decision Analysis
 Software Performance Optimization 
 Software Implementation

CALL FOR PAPERS 
Papers are invited on the topics outlined and other topics consistent
with the themes of the conference.  Abstracts of no more than 300
words should be submitted to the Conference Secretariat 17 March 1998.
Abstracts should clearly state the purpose, results and conclusions
of the work to be described in the final paper.  Authors will be
notified on the suitability of their abstract and the final acceptance
will depend on the full-length paper.

VENUE
Illuminating the desert sky, Las Vegas is a city unlike any other in
the U.S.A. A dazzling array of lights beckons you to the "strip" where
spectacular family entertainment, big name shows and casinos offer
round-the-clock entertainment.  A little further beyond are the
magnificent sights of the Grand Canyon and the mighty Colorado river.
The conference is being held at the luxurious Egyptian themed LUXOR
HOTEL in Las Vegas, the world's only 30 storey Pyramid shaped
hotel/casino. The hotel has 4,400 Egyptian themed rooms, six
restaurants, a fitness centre and health club as well as one of the
largest pool complexes in Las Vegas (and of course a casino).  In
addition there are motion based simulator rides and the Luxor IMAX
theatre as well as a shopping mall.  Special rates have been
negotiated on behalf of our delegates at this hotel.  All participants
will be sent a booking form and further details will be available in
the Provisional  Programme.

The international airport in Nevada is "McCarran Airport" which is
only 2.5 miles from the Luxor Hotel, Las Vegas.  

CONFERENCE  SECRETARIAT
Sue Owen, Conference Secretariat, ENVIROSOFT 98
Wessex Institute of Technology, Ashurst Lodge, Ashurst, 
Southampton, SO40 7AA, UK
Tel: 44 (0) 1703 293223, 
Fax: 44 (0) 1703 292853  
Email: [email-masked]

TIME SCHEDULE

Return Reply Form
As soon as possible

Abstract Deadline:  
as soon as possible and 
not later than
17 March 1998

Paper Deadline:     
30 June 1998

EXHIBITION  FACILITIES
Mini-exhibition facilities will be available for those firms or
organisations wishing to display products, services, hardware,
software and literature relating to the theme of the conference.  The
space may also be used for free standing units.  Please contact the
Conference Secretariat for details.

CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
The Proceedings will be published to a high standard by Computational
Mechanics Publications in hard-back form and will be available to
delegates at the Conference.  They will also be widely distributed
through the international book trade.    The language of the
Conference will be English.

Look for more information on this conference and other activities
organised by Wessex Institute of Technology at http://www.wessex.ac.uk