Subject: CFP - EKAW99
From: Dieter Fensel <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 16:52:28 +0200

11th European Workshop on Knowledge
               Acquisition, Modeling, and Management
                               (EKAW '99)
                                         =20
                     Dagstuhl Castle, Germany
                        May 26 - 29, 1999

                          Call for Papers
                    (deadline: November 1, 1998)

The EKAW, together with the Banff KAW and the PKAW, has expanded the
workshop scope and has become the European Workshop on Knowledge
Acquisition, Modeling, and Management.

The EKAW is concerned with all aspects of eliciting, acquiring, modeling an=
d
managing knowledge, and with their role in the construction of
knowledge-intensive systems. Submissions are invited on relevant topics,
including but not restricted to:

   * Languages and frameworks for knowledge acquisition, modeling, and
     management
   * Tools and techniques for knowledge acquisition, modeling, and
     management
   * Acquiring knowledge through machine learning, data-mining and knowledg=
e
     discovery in databases.
   * Knowledge acquisition and management for enterprise modeling and
     corporate memories.
   * Methods and techniques for reuse of knowledge and knowledge models, in
     particular related to the construction, use, and maintenance of
     supporting libraries of problem-solving methods and ontologies.
   * Knowledge acquisition, modeling, and management over the Internet.
   * Agent-oriented approaches to knowledge acquisition, modeling, and
     management.
   * Use of knowledge acquisition and modeling approaches for intelligent
     information integration, knowledge retrieval and meta-content
     descriptions.
   * Evaluations of knowledge acquisition, modeling, and management
     techniques, tools and methods.

Workshop attendance will be limited. The workshop will last 3.5 days and
will consist of plenary sessions, invited talks, and working groups on
selected issues. Authors are invited to formulate an issue that would be
useful to discuss. Software demonstrations related to presented papers are
also encouraged. Accepted papers will be published in Springer's Lecture
Notes in Artificial Intelligence.

Further informations can be found at:
http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/ekaw99

Important dates

 Submission deadline:                           November 1, 1998
 Notification of acceptance:                    January 15, 1999
 Camera ready copy and author registration due: Februar 22, 1999
 Workshop:                                      May 26-29,  1999

             --------------------------------------------------

Submission Procedure

Authors should submit a full paper electronically either as a postscript,
html or pdf file by emailing the according URL. In addition, authors should
submit an ascii version of their title page by email.

Submission Address

     [email-masked]

Submission Format

The first page of submitted papers should include: title, author names,
affiliations, postal addresses, electronic mail addresses, telephone and fa=
x
numbers for all authors, and a brief abstract. All correspondence will be
sent to the author designed as contact person in the electronic title page.

Submissions should not exceed 6000 words and should be printed on 8.5" x 11=
"
or A4 paper with at least 1 inch margins on all sides. Notice that, since
the proceedings will be published as LNAI, authors using LaTeX may already
use the Springer style files.

             --------------------------------------------------

Location

The EKAW will take place at Schlo=DF Dagstuhl in the south-west of Germany.
Further informations can be found at:
http://www.dag.uni-sb.de/ENG/TravelInfo/

             --------------------------------------------------

International Program Committee of EKAW-99

Co-chairs

                  Dieter Fensel               Rudi Studer
            [email-masked]  [email-masked]

                       [email-masked]
                              Institute AIFB,
                          University of Karlsruhe
                             D-76128 Karlsruhe
                                  Germany
                            Fax: +49-721-693717
                           Phone: +49-721-6083923
                   URL: http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de

Program Committee

   * Stuart AITKEN, University of Glasgow (UK)
   * Hans AKKERMANS, University of Twente (NL)
   * Nathalie AUSSENAC, IRIT- CNRS Toulouse (F)
   * Richard BENJAMINS, University of Amsterdam (NL)
   * Guy BOY, EURISCO Toulouse (F)
   * Joost BREUKER, University of Amsterdam (NL)
   * B. CHANDRASEKARAN, Ohio State University (USA)
   * Rose DIENG, INRIA, Sophia-Antipolis (F)
   * Brian GAINES, University of Calgary (CA)
   * Jean-Gabriel GANASCIA, LAFORIA-University Paris VI (F)
   * Yolanda GIL, ISI, University of Southern California (USA)
   * Asuncion GOMEZ-PEREZ, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (ES)
   * Nicola GUARINO, National Research Council (I)
   * Udo HAHN, University of Freiburg (G)
   * Frank van HARMELEN, Free University Amsterdam (NL)
   * Gertjan van HEIJST, CIBIT (NL)
   * Knut HINKELMANN, Knowledge Management Research Group, DFKI (G)
   * Phillipe LAUBLET, University de Paris-Sorbonne (Paris-4) (F)
   * Martin MOLINA, Technical University of Madrid (ES)
   * Enrico MOTTA, Open University (UK)
   * Mark MUSEN, Stanford University (USA)
   * Kieron O'HARA, University of Nottingham (UK)
   * Enric PLAZA, IIIA-CSIC (ES)
   * Frank PUPPE, University of W=FCrzburg (G)
   * Uli REIMER, Swiss Life (CH)
   * Marie-Christine ROUSSET, University of Paris-Sud (F)
   * Franz SCHMALHOFER, DFKI, Kaiserslautern (G)
   * Guus SCHREIBER, University of Amsterdam (NL)
   * Nigel SHADBOLT, University of Nottingham (UK)
   * Derek SLEEMAN, University of Aberdeen (UK)
   * Jan TREUR, Free University Amsterdam (NL)
   * Andre VALENTE, ISI, University of Southern California (USA)
   * Walther VAN DE VELDE, Riverland Next Generation (B)
   * Thomas WETTER, University of Heidelberg (G)
   * Bob WIELINGA, University of Amsterdam (NL)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-

                ULR: http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/ekaw99

---------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-