Subject: ECCM 98 - 1st Announcement
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 17:25:00 +0200

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      First announcement

     SECOND EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON COGNITIVE MODELLING (ECCM-98)
 
              Nottingham, England, April 1-4 1998

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL INFORMATION:

The 2nd European Conference on Cognitive Modelling (ECCM-98) will be
held in Nottingham, England, from April 1st to 4th 1998 (starting with
a day of optional tutorials).

The conference will cover all areas of cognitive modelling, including
symbolic and connectionist models, evolutionary computation,
artificial neural networks, grammatical inference, reinforcement
learning, and data sets designed to test models.  Papers that present
a running model and its comparison with data are particularly
encouraged.  This meeting is open for work on cognitive modelling
using general architectures (such as Soar and ACT) as well as other
kinds of simulation models.

These meetings were introduced to establish interdisciplinary
co-operation in the domain of cognitive modeling.  The first meeting
held in Berlin in November 1996 attracted about 60 researchers from
Europe and USA working in the fields of artificial intelligence,
cognitive psychology, computer linguistics and philosophy of mind.

Program:

The program will include presentations of papers, demo sessions,
invited talks, discussion groups and tutorials on cognitive modeling
in the fields of AI programming, classification, problem solving,
reasoning, inference, learning, language processing and
human-computer-interaction.  As Nottingham is an area of 'high
touristic value', it will also include a social evening out.

Further details are available from:
   http://www.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/staff/ritter/eccm98/

PROGRAM CHAIRS

  Richard Young (U. of Hertfordshire) and Frank Ritter (U. of Nottingham)

LOCAL CHAIR: 

  Frank Ritter (U. of Nottingham)

IMPORTANT DATES:

  Submission deadline:          7 January 1998
  Decision by:                  6 February 1998
  Early registration:           9 March 1998
  Conference:                   1-4 April 1998

A call for papers will be issued soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------