Subject: EANN 98 CFP
From: Nonlinear Solutions UPR <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:44:51 +0200 (EET)

This mail is being sent to you because you have been involved in 
neural networks, or have enquired from us. If you should not be
receiving this mail, please let us know.

--

International Conference on
Engineering Applications of Neural Networks
(EANN '98)

Gibraltar 
10-12 June 1998 

First Call for Papers

The conference is a forum for presenting the latest results on neural
network applications in technical fields. The applications may be in
any engineering or technical field, including but not limited to
systems engineering, mechanical engineering, robotics, process
engineering, metallurgy, pulp and paper technology, aeronautical
engineering, computer science, machine vision, chemistry, chemical
engineering, physics, electrical engineering, electronics, civil
engineering, geophysical sciences, biomedical systems, and environmental
engineering. 

Abstracts of one page (about 500 words) should be sent to
[email-masked] or [email-masked] by 21 January 1998 by e-mail in
plain text format. Please mention two to four keywords, and whether
you prefer it to be a short paper or a full paper. The short papers
will be 4 pages in length, and full papers may be upto 8 pages.
Notification of acceptance will be sent around 15 February.
Submissions will be reviewed and the number of full papers will be
very limited. For information on earlier EANN conferences see the www
pages at http://www.abo.fi/~abulsari/EANN97.html

Proposals for special tracks are welcome. Among the special features
of EANN '98 is a session on Japanese state-of-the-art in engineering
applications of neural networks. Please contact Prof. Iwata
([email-masked]) if you are interested. An industrial panel
discussion may be organised in this conference also if there are 
several participants from industries.

Organising committee (to be extended)

A. Bulsari, Nonlinear Solutions Oy, Finland 
J. Fernandez de Canete, University of Malaga, Spain 
J. Heikkonen, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland 
A. Ruano, University of Algarve, Portugal 
D. Tsaptsinos, Kingston University, UK 
E. Tulunay, Middle East Technical University, Turkey 
P. Zufiria, Polytechnic University of Madrid, Spain 

International program committee (to be confirmed, extended)

C. Andersson, Colorado State University, USA 
G. Baier, University of Tubingen, Germany 
R. Baratti, University of Cagliari, Italy 
S. Canu, Compiegne University of Technology, France
S. Cho, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea 
T. Clarkson, King's College, UK 
J. DeMott, John Mansfield Corporation, USA 
S. Draghici, Wayne State University, USA 
W. Duch, Nicholas Copernicus University, Poland 
G. Forsgrén, Stora Corporate Research, Sweden 
P. Gallinari, University of Paris VI, France 
I. Grabec, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia 
A. Iwata, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan 
C. Kuroda, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan 
H. Liljenström, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden 
L. Ludwig, University of Tubingen, Germany 
T. Nagano, Hosei University, Japan 
L. Niklasson, University of Skövde, Sweden 
F. Norlund, ABB Industrial Systems, Sweden 
R. Parenti, Ansaldo Ricerche, Italy 
V. Petridis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece 
R. Rico-Martinez, Celaya Institute of Technology, Mexico 
J. Sa da Costa, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal 
F. Sandoval, University of Malaga, Spain 
C. Schizas, University of Cyprus, Cyprus 

Electronic mail is not absolutely reliable, so if you have not heard
from the conference secretariat after sending your abstract, please
contact again. You should receive an abstract number in a couple of
days after the submission.