Subject: EANN '97: Invitation for participation
From: Tommi Lindroos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:02:23 +0200

Sorry for this unsolicited mail. It is being sent to you because you
are apparently working in or interested in the field of neural networks.
Most of these addresses are taken from neural network societies, and
participants of earlier EANN conferences. Please let us know if your
address should not be in here.

                     International Conference on
             Engineering Applications of Neural Networks
                              (EANN '97)

                    Royal Institute of Technology
                           Stockholm, Sweden

                            16-18 June 1997 

                     INVITATION FOR PARTICIPATION
                         AND PROGRAM OUTLINE

The  International  Conference on  Engineering Applications  of Neural
Networks (EANN  '97) is the third conference   in the series.  The two
earlier ones were held near Helsinki in 1995 and in London in 1996.

The conference is a forum for presenting  the latest results on neural
network applications in technical fields.  Over  a hundred papers from
27 countries   have been accepted for   oral  and poster presentations
after  a review of   the abstracts.    Some  more information  on  the
conference  EANN '97   is  available on the   world  wide web site  at
http://www.abo.fi/~abulsari/EANN97.html, and on last two   conferences
at http://www.abo.fi/~abulsari/EANN95.html and EANN96.html

Contact details

E-mail address : [email-masked]

Address : EANN '97
          SEA
          PL 953, FIN 20101 Turku 10, Finland

The conference has been organised with cooperation from
Systems Engineering Association 
AB Nonlinear Solutions OY  and
Royal Institute of Technology

Conference chairmen: Hans Liljenstr_m and Abhay Bulsari

Conference venue: Department of Numerical Analysis (NADA), Royal
Institute of Technology (KTH), Osquars backe 2, 10044 Stockholm

Registration information

The conference fee will be SEK 4148 (SEK  3400 excluding VAT) until 28
February, and SEK 4978  (SEK   4080 excluding  VAT) after that.    The
conference fee includes   attendance   to  the  conference  and    the
proceedings. If your organisation (university or company or institute)
has a   VAT registration  from  a  European Union country   other than
Finland, then your VAT number should be mentioned on the bank transfer
as well  as the registration form,  and VAT need  not be  added to the
conference fee.

The  correct conference fee amount  should  be received in the account
number 207  799  342, Svenska  Handelsbanken  International, Stockholm
branch. It can be paid by bank transfer, with all expenses paid by the
sender,  to    "EANN  Conference".  To   avoid  extra  bureaucracy and
correction of the amount at the  registration desk, make sure that you
have taken care of the bank transfer fees.  It is essential to mention
the name of the participant with the bank transfer. If you need to pay
it in another way  (bank drafts, Eurocheques,  postal order; no credit
cards),  please contact us  at [email-masked].  Invoicing will cost SEK
100.

The tentative   program  outline is as   on  the  following  page. The
detailed program will be prepared in the end of April.


                           PROGRAM OUTLINE

Sunday, 15 June

1600-1800 Registration 

	Room E1 		 Room E2 

Monday, 16 June

0830 	Opening 

0845 	Vision (1)  		Control Systems (1) 

1200 	       --- lunch break --- 		 

1330 	Vision (2)  		Control Systems (2) 

1630 	Discussion session  	Discussion session on Control 
	on Vision

Tuesday, 17 June

0830 	Process Engineering	Biomedical Engineering 

1130 	       --- lunch break --- 		 

1300	Metallurgy		Mechanical Engineering 

1530 	Industrial Panel Discussion 

Wednesday, 18 June

0830 	Hybrid systems 		 Special applications 

1130 	       --- lunch break --- 		 

1300 	Electrical/Electronics 	 General Applications 

1800 	Closing  

In addition, there will be a poster session on Wednesday, and possibly
an  evening program on Tuesday.   The  indicated times are approximate
and changes are still possible.  Coffee breaks are not indicated here.


                    International Conference on
            Engineering Applications of Neural Networks
                            (EANN '97)

                         Stockholm, Sweden
                          16-18 June 1997 

                         Registration form

Surname

First Name

Affiliation (name of the university/company/organisation)

E-mail address

Postal Address

	City

	Country

Fax

Have you submitted one or more abstracts ? Y/N

	Abstract number(s)

Registration fee sent (amount) SEK ____________ 

	by bank transfer number _______________ from Bank ______________

VAT registration number 

Date registration fee sent

Date registration form sent

Any special requirements ?

--- END ---