Subject: Preliminary Call for Papers: Constraint Programming (CP97)
From: Andreas Podelski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 18:30:57 +0100
Newsgroups: comp.ai,comp.constraints,comp.lang.prolog,sci.op-research,sci.math.symbolic

Call for Papers

      Third International Conference on Principles and Practice of

		      Constraint Programming (CP97)

	Schloss Hagenberg, Austria, October 29 - November 1, 1997

Scope of the Conference

   Constraints have emerged as the basis of a representational and
   computational paradigm that draws from many disciplines and can
   be brought to bear on many problem domains. The conference is
   concerned with all aspects of computing with constraints including:
   algorithms, applications, environments, languages, models,
   systems. 

   Contributions are welcome from any discipline concerned with
   constraints, including: artificial intelligence, combinatorial
   algorithms, computational logic, concurrent computation,
   databases, discrete mathematics, operations research,
   programming languages, symbolic computation. 

   Contributions are welcome from any domain employing constraints,
   including: computational linguistics, configuration, decision
support,
   design, diagnosis, graphics, hardware verification, molecular
   biology, planning, program analysis, qualitative reasoning,
   real-time systems, resource allocation, robotics, scheduling,
   software engineering, temporal reasoning, type inference, vision,
   visualization, user interfaces. 

   Papers are especially welcome that bridge disciplines or combine
   theory and practice. 

Conference Venue

   CP97 will take place at Schloss Hagenberg, a medieval, renovated
   castle close to Linz, Austria, known as the site of the Research
   Institute for Symbolic Computation (RISC).

Paper Submissions

   The submission deadline is April 15, 1997. Submission is by email
   (up to exceptions). Send a message that contains a uuencoded
   postscript file preceeded by the title page (title, authors,
abstract)
   in plain text to [email-masked], with "submission" as the
   subject line. 

   Decisions on acceptance will be sent by June 15, 1997. Some
   submissions not accepted as papers may be offered presentation
   as posters, with an extended abstract (2 pages) in the
   proceedings. 

Publication

   The proceedings will be published in the Springer LNCS series.
   Camera-ready copy will be due by July 15, 1996. The publication
   must not duplicate an earlier conference publication. Papers and
   posters must be presented at the conference by one of the authors.
   Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit revisions to a
   special issue of the CONSTRAINTS journal devoted to the
   conference. 

Call for Tutorials

   Several tutorials will be held during the conference. Proposals for
   two-hour tutorials should be sent to the Program Chair until May
   15, 1997. 

Call for Workshop Proposals

   There will be workshops on the last day of the conference.
   Proposals for one-day or half-day workshops should be sent to
   the Workshop Chair as soon as possible but no later than May 15,
   1997. 

Exhibition and Sponsors

   Companies, publishers, agencies or organizations interested in
   exhibition space, or in becoming conference sponsors, should
   contact the Conference Chair. Researchers interested in providing
   computer demonstrations should contact the Program Chair. 

Conference Organization

   Conference Chair: 
      Bruno Buchberger (RISC)
      [email-masked] 

   Program Chair:
      Gert Smolka (DFKI and Universitaet des Saarlandes)
      [email-masked] 

   Program Committee:
      To be announced 

   Publicity and Workshop Chair: 
      Andreas Podelski (Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik)
      [email-masked]

   Organizing Committee:
      Alan Borning (University of Washington)
      Alain Colmerauer (University of Marseille)
      Eugene Freuder (University of New Hampshire)
      Jean-Pierre Jouannaud (University of Paris Sud)
      Jean-Louis Lassez (New Mexico Tech)
      Ugo Montanari (University of Pisa)
      Anil Nerode (Cornell University)
      Vijay Saraswat (AT&T Research)
      Pascal Van Hentenryck (Brown University)
      Ralph Wachter (Office of Naval Research) 

Important Dates

   April 15, 1997: Paper submission deadline
   May 15, 1997: Submission of tutorial and workshop proposals
   June 15, 1997: Acceptance notification
   July 15, 1996: Camera-ready copy due
   October 29-31, 1997: Main program of the conference
   November 1, 1997: Workshops 

Further Information

   Additional information will be posted, and will be available at the
   CP97 web site: http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/conferences/CP97/. 


------------------------ Latex version --------------------------------

\documentstyle{article}
\oddsidemargin 6pt \evensidemargin 6pt
\marginparwidth 90pt
\marginparsep 10pt
\topmargin -30pt \headheight 12pt \headsep 25pt \footheight 12pt
\footskip 30pt
\columnsep 10.5pt \columnseprule 0pt
\addtolength{\oddsidemargin}{-2.0cm}
\setlength{\textwidth}{18.7cm}%{18cm}
\addtolength{\topmargin}{-1cm}
\setlength{\textheight}{27cm}
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}

\begin{center}
{\Large\sc PRELIMINARY CALL FOR PAPERS - CP97}
\end{center}

\begin{center}
{\Large \bf Third International Conference on }\\[1.5ex]
{\Large \bf Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP97)}
\end{center}

\begin{center}
{\large\bf Schlo\ss\ Hagenberg, Austria, October 29 - November 1, 1997}
\end{center}

\vspace*{0.15in}

\vspace*{0.15in}

%\parbox[t]{6.3cm}{ %{5.3cm}{
\parbox[t]{7.3cm}{ %{5.3cm}{
\footnotesize

\noindent
{\bf Conference Chair:}
\vspace*{0.05in}

\begin{tabular}{l}
Bruno Buchberger\\
RISC\\
A4232 Schlo\ss\ Hagenberg, Austria\\
{\tt [email-masked]}\\
\end{tabular}

\vspace*{0.10in}

\noindent
{\bf Program Chair:}
\vspace*{0.05in}

\begin{tabular}{l}
Gert Smolka\\
Programming Systems Lab\\
DFKI and Universit\"at des Saarlandes\\
Postfach 15 11 50, Geb\"aude 45\\
D-66041 Saarbr\"ucken, Germany\\
{\tt [email-masked]}
\end{tabular}

\vspace*{0.10in}

\noindent
{\bf Program Committee:}
\vspace*{0.05in}

\begin{tabular}{l}
To be announced
\end{tabular}

\vspace*{0.10in}

\noindent
{\bf Publicity and Workshop Chair:}
\vspace*{0.05in}

\begin{tabular}{l}
Andreas Podelski\\
Max-Planck-Institut f\"ur Informatik\\
Im Stadtwald, D-66123 Saarbr\"ucken\\
{\tt [email-masked]}
\end{tabular}

\vspace*{0.10in}

\noindent
{\bf Organizing Committee:}
\vspace*{0.05in}

\begin{tabular}{l}
      Alan Borning (University of Washington)\\
      Alain Colmerauer (University of Marseille)\\
      Eugene Freuder (University of New Hampshire)\\
      Jean-Pierre Jouannaud (University of Paris Sud)\\
      Jean-Louis Lassez (New Mexico Tech)\\
      Ugo Montanari (University of Pisa)\\
      Anil Nerode (Cornell University)\\
      Vijay Saraswat (AT\&T Research)\\
      Pascal Van Hentenryck (Brown University)\\
      Ralph Wachter (Office of Naval Research) \\
\end{tabular}
\vspace*{0.15in}

\noindent
{\bf Important dates:}

\begin{tabular}{ll}
   April 15, 1997 & Paper submissions\\
   May 15, 1997 & Tutorial proposals\\
   May 15, 1997 & Workshop proposals\\
   June 15, 1997 & Acceptance notification\\
   July 15, 1996 & Camera-ready copy due\\
   October 29-31, 1997 & CP97 main program\\
   November 1, 1997 & Workshops 
\end{tabular}

} %\end{parbox}
\parbox[t]{5mm}{
   \rule[-20.7cm]{0.2mm}{21cm}
} %\end{parbox}
%\begin{minipage}[t]{11.5cm}%{12.2cm}
\begin{minipage}[t]{10.5cm}%{12.2cm}
\small
\noindent
{\bf Scope of the conference:}
   Constraints have emerged as the basis of a representational and
   computational paradigm that draws from many disciplines and can
   be brought to bear on many problem domains. The conference is
   concerned with all aspects of computing with constraints including:
   algorithms, applications, environments, languages, models,
   systems. 

   Contributions are welcome from any discipline concerned with
   constraints, including: artificial intelligence, combinatorial
   algorithms, computational logic, concurrent computation,
   databases, discrete mathematics, operations research,
   programming languages, symbolic computation. 

   Contributions are welcome from any domain employing constraints,
   including: computational linguistics, configuration, decision
support,
   design, diagnosis, graphics, hardware verification, molecular
   biology, planning, program analysis, qualitative reasoning,
   real-time systems, resource allocation, robotics, scheduling,
   software engineering, temporal reasoning, type inference, vision,
   visualization, user interfaces. 

   Papers are especially welcome that bridge disciplines or combine
   theory and practice. 

\vspace*{0.12in}

\noindent
{\bf Conference venue:}
   CP97 will take place at Schlo\ss\ Hagenberg, a medieval, renovated
   castle close to Linz, Austria, known as the site of the Research
   Institute for Symbolic Computation (RISC).

\vspace*{0.12in}

\noindent

{\bf Paper submissions:}
   The submission deadline is April 15, 1997. Submission is by email
   (up to exceptions). Send a message that contains a uuencoded
   postscript file preceeded by the title page (title, authors,
abstract)
   in plain text to [email-masked], with ``submission'' as the
   subject line. 

   Decisions on acceptance will be sent by June 15, 1997. Some
   submissions not accepted as papers may be offered presentation
   as posters, with an extended abstract (2 pages) in the
   proceedings. 

\vspace*{0.12in}

\noindent
{\bf Publication:}
   The proceedings will be published in the Springer LNCS series.
   Camera-ready copy will be due by July 15, 1996. The publication
   must not duplicate an earlier conference publication. Papers and
   posters must be presented at the conference by one of the authors.
   Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit revisions to a
   special issue of the CONSTRAINTS journal devoted to the
   conference. 

\vspace*{0.15in}

{\bf Call for tutorials:}
   Several tutorials will be held during the conference. Proposals for
   two-hour tutorials should be sent to the Program Chair until May
   15, 1997. 

\vspace*{0.15in}

{\bf Call for workshop proposals:}
   There will be workshops on the last day of the conference.
   Proposals for one-day or half-day workshops should be sent to
   the Workshop Chair as soon as possible but no later than May 15,
   1997. 

\vspace*{0.15in}

{\bf Exhibition and sponsors:}
   Companies, publishers, agencies or organizations interested in
   exhibition space, or in becoming conference sponsors, should
   contact the Conference Chair. Researchers interested in providing
   computer demonstrations should contact the Program Chair. 

\vspace*{0.15in}

\noindent
{\bf Additional information}  will be posted, and will be available at
the
   CP97 web site: http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/conferences/CP97/. 
\end{minipage}
\end{document}

-- 
Andreas Podelski ([email-masked])
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Informatik
Im  Stadtwald, D-66123 Saarbruecken, Germany
Tel: +49 - 681 / 9325 - 204  Fax: +49 - 681 / 9325 - 299
Web http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/~/podelski