Subject: CFP: Session on Adaptive Computing in Engineering
From: Andreas Scherer <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 Jun 1995 09:25:02 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.ai

CALL FOR PAPERS

                Computer Applications Symposium
        
       Session on Adaptive Computing In Engineering

                          Houston, TX     
                January 28 - February 2, 1996

The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Petroleum
Division is sponsoring the Energy-sources Technology Conference &
Exhibition (ETCE), to be held January 28 - February 2, 1996, at 
the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. A part of this
conference is the Computer Applications Symposium, which focuses on the
uses of computers in engineering-related applications. Attendees will 
be from both academia and industry.

This coming year, one session will be devoted to applications of Adaptive
Computing Techniques in Engineering.  Suggested topics include the
following:

?	Fuzzy-Logic
?	Genetic Algorithms
?	Neural Networks
?	Machine Learning
?	Hybrid Systems

All presented papers will be published in the symposium proceedings.  
Please contact the session organizers if you have any questions.  We 
look forward to your contributions.

Authors are requested to send a letter of intent, an information sheet
that includes full names of the author(s), phone number and FAX or E-mail
if applicable and an abstract (up to 200 words) by May 30, 1995. Full
papers are due by August 1.

Important Dates:

July 15, 1995: Deadline for submission of full paper (10 pages)
August 1, 1995: Notification of accetance
Sept. 10, 1995: Final paper deadline
Jan. 28 - Feb. 2, 1996: Conference

Dr. John R. Sullins                                Dr. Andreas Scherer   
          
Dept. of Computer & Information Sci.   University of Hagen      	   
Youngstown State University                Applied Computer Science I  	
410 Wick Avenue                                  Feithstr. 140
Youngstown, OH                                  58084 Hagen
USA                                                      Germany
[email-masked]                                
[email-masked]
Tel.: (216) 742-1806                            Tel.:  +49/2331/987-2972
FAX.: (216) 742-1998                           FAX.:  +49/2331/987-314