Subject: Second Call for Papers BENELEARN-96
From: Antal van den Bosch <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 16:35:37 +0200

<please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
announcement.>

 =======================================================================
                              BENELEARN-96

              6th Belgian-Dutch Conference on Machine Learning

                       Friday, September 20, 1996
                   University of Limburg | Maastricht
 _______________________________________________________________________
 |                                                                     |
 |                       Second Call for Papers                        |
 |_____________________________________________________________________|

 =======================================================================
.......................................................................
## General Information:

   BENELEARN is the annual conference on machine learning in Belgium
   and The Netherlands. This conference provides a forum for
   researchers from these two countries to present their latest work
   and exchange ideas.

   The sixth BENELEARN conference will be held in Maastricht on the
   20th of September 1996, and will be hosted by the MAastricht
   Technological Research Institute for Knowledge and Systems
   (MATRIKS) - Department of Computer Science.

   The official language of the conference is English.

   Accepted papers will appear in the Proceedings of
   BENELEARN-96, which will be published by the University of Limburg,
   Maastricht. 

.......................................................................
## Submission:

   Papers relevant to the area of Machine Learning (theory as well as
   applications) are sollicited, including, but not limited to:

     Computational Learning               Neural Networks
     Data Mining                          Inductive Learning
     Genetic Algorithms                   Inductive Logic Programming
     Hybrid Learning Systems              Multistrategy Learning
     Learning in Multi-Agent Systems      Reinforcement Learning
     Learning to Search                   

## Papers are limited to 10 pages (using a 12pt Times Roman font,
   single-spaced, with 1 inch margins on all sides) including figures,
   title page, references, and appendices. The papers will be
   refereed by an accelerated procedure according to clarity and
   overall quality criteria, focusing primarily on their relevance to
   the conference. 

## Please send 3 hard copies before July 1, 1996 to:

     Antal van den Bosch
     Department of Computer Science
     Faculty of General Sciences
     University of Limburg
     PO Box 616
     NL-6200 MD Maastricht
     The Netherlands

     e-mail: [email-masked]
     voice:  +31.43.3882019
     fax:    +31.43.3252392

.......................................................................
## Invited lecture

   This year, Walter Daelemans (Tilburg University) will present an
   invited lecture entitled 

  "Abstraction considered harmful: Lazy Learning of Language Processing" 

.......................................................................
## Dates:

         +------------------------------------+-------------------+
         | Submission deadline:               | July 1, 1996      |
         | Notification of acceptance:        | August 15, 1996   |
         | Registration deadline:             | September 6, 1996 |
         +------------------------------------+-------------------+

   A call for participation, containing more information on
   registration deadline and conference fee, will be announced in due
   time. 

.......................................................................
## Programme committee:

     H. Jaap van den Herik  (University of Limburg), chair
     Jan C. Bioch           (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
     Christine Decaestecker (Free University of Brussels, ULB)
     Maarten van Someren    (University of Amsterdam)
     Walter van de Velde    (Free University of Brussels, VUB)
     Ton Weijters           (University of Limburg)

   Organising committee:

     Eric Postma (chair), Antal van den Bosch, Tons van den Bosch
     (University of Limburg)
     
.......................................................................
## Further information:

   - The latest information on BENELEARN-96 can be accessed via the
     Web at URL

        http://www.cs.rulimburg.nl/bl96/

   - For questions, comments and submissions contact

     Antal van den Bosch / [email-masked]
     Department of Computer Science
     Faculty of General Sciences
     University of Limburg
     PO Box 616
     NL-6200 MD Maastricht
     The Netherlands
     voice:  +31.43.3882019
     fax:    +31.43.3252392

.......................................................................