Subject: AISTATS-97: Preliminary Announcement
From: [email-masked] (Padhraic J. Smyth)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 18:52:23 +0100

Preliminary Announcement

                   Sixth International Workshop on
                Artificial Intelligence and Statistics
                            (AISTATS-97)

                          January 4-7, 1997
                       Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

This is the sixth in a series of workshops which has brought together 
researchers in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and in Statistics to discuss 
problems of mutual interest. The exchange has broadened research in both
fields and has strongly encouraged interdisciplinary work. Papers on all
aspects of the interface between AI & Statistics are encouraged.

For more details consult the AISTATS-97 Web page at:

                http://www.stat.washington.edu/aistats97/

A full Call for Papers will be released in early 1996. The paper 
submission deadline will be July 1st 1996. The workshop is organized under
the auspices of the Society for Artificial Intelligence and Statistics. 

Program Chair: David Madigan, University of Washington
General Chair: Padhraic Smyth, JPL and UCI