Subject: AISB and ECCS 1997 - Call for Registrations
From: [email-masked] (aisb)
Date: 10 Dec 1996 15:40:08 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.ai

The Society for the study of Artificial Intelligence and the     
                           Simulation of Behaviour
                          has pleasure in issuing a

                            CALL FOR REGISTRATION 

                                    for
                             6 two-day workshops
                            that will be held on
                     Monday and Tuesday 7-8 April, 1977
             (The workshops will be accompanied by a tutorial)

                                and for the
               2nd European Conference on Cognitive Science,
                            on 9-11 April, 1997,
                                 both at the
                          University of Manchester.

			http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/ai/AISB97/

===================================================================
                                Registration

To register, please fill in the accompanying form and return to AISB.

This form is also available at the WWW address
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/ai/AISB97/registration_form.html, or
by ftp from ftp://ftp.cs.man.ac.uk/pub/ai/AISBform.ps.Z.

***There is a reduction for students and for AISB members.
the ECCS: the reduction applies not only for AISB members but
to members of all participating European Cognitive Science Societies.
It costs 25(28) pounds for UK(EU) residents and 15(19) pounds for UK(EU)
students to join AISB.

   There is also a reduction for early registration, before 1 March 1997.

                  Fees in Pounds Sterling

                                *** MEMBER        Non-member
                        ---------------------------------------
     Activity           Days    Student      Other
                              Early  Late Early  Late Early Late
----------------------------------------------------------------

     AISB97: Tutorial    1       50   60    80  100    110  130
     AISB97: Workshop    2       60   70    90  110    120  140
               ECCS97    3       80   90   130  150    160  170
AISB97:Tutorial+ECCS97   4       90  100   160  180    190  210
        AISB97+ECCS97    5      100  110   180  200    210  230

Dinner, bed and breakfast per    25   30    30   35     30   35
                          night

                     Registration fee includes:
         a copy of the proceedings, coffee and tea each day,
              daily lunches for everyone at the AISB97
                and for non-students at the ECCS97.
=================================================================
                               Workshops

 If you are interested in submitting an abstract or a 
paper to a workshop, please contact the appropriate 
workshop organiser.

=====================================================
Number	Title                Organisers   Submission 	
                                          (e-mail)      

DATE: 7-8th April 1997
=======================================================
AISB 1	Postgraduate workshop Matt Hare   30.1.97
                              Chris Reed

email address: [email-masked]

=======================================================
AISB 2  Automated reasoning: 
        bridging the gap      Michael Fisher 5.2.97
        between theory 	      
	and practice

email address: [email-masked]
=======================================================
AISB 3  Evolutionary          David Corne
        computing             Jon Shapiro   8.12.96

email address: [email-masked] 
	       [email-masked]
=======================================================
AISB 4 Practical reasoning  John.Bell
       & rationality        Simon Parsons   16.12.96

email address: [email-masked]
	       [email-masked]
=======================================================
AISB 5 Robot navigation:   Noel Sharkey             
       spatial reasoning   Ulrich Nehmzow   20.11.96
       in mobile robots    
       and animals

email address:[email-masked]       
=======================================================
AISB 6 Flexibility 	Allan Ramsay        16.12.96
       of language                                    

email address: [email-masked]
=======================================================

 8/4/97	  The SOAR cognitive           Frank Ritter
 Tutorial architecture                 Richard.Young

email: [email-masked]
=======================================================
=======================================================

                              9-11 April 1997:

ECCS97  European Conference  Erik.Hollnagel  1.1.97
        on Cognitive Science                    

email address: [email-masked]
=======================================================
 
ECCS 1  Towards human-      Jean-Michel Hoc   1.1.97
        machine cooperation             
email address: [email-masked]
=======================================================

ECCS 2  Context Fausto Giunchiglia   14.1.97
                Boicho Kokinov
email address: [email-masked]

=======================================================

                    Workshop Series Chair

                           David S. Brée
               Professor of Artificial Intelligence
                  Department of Computer Science
                     University of Manchester
                      Manchester M13 9PL, UK

                      Tel: +44 0161 275 6180
                      Fax: +44 0161 275 6202
                     Email: [email-masked]

=======================================================
			C U T    H E R E
=======================================================

                           AISB 1997

                        REGISTRATION FORM

                         9-11 April 1997
                         Manchester, U.K.
                At Woolton Hall & Ashburne Hall
	      and Holly Royde Conference Centre

=======================================================
Personal details

Name         ___________________________________________

Address      ___________________________________________

             ___________________________________________

WWW          _______________ Email _____________________

Phone        __________________  Fax ___________________

AISB Membership Number (if appropriate)_________________

Where did you see this Conference advertised?

_________________________________________________________

=======================================================

Information about Registration

Please read this carefully

The AISB97's sister conference ECCS97 is being handled by the
University of Manchester. If you wish to register for 
both conferences or for ECCS97+AISB tutorial (see 
table below for rates) please use the ECCS form- unless
you are an AISB member in which case you should use 
this form.

Please mark the Workshops/Tutorials you wish to attend, 
and enter the total registration fees in the next section.

Tutorials

AISB Tutorial:  
	The SOAR cognitive architecture  (1 day)   _____

Workshops

AISB1  Postgraduate workshop            (2 days)  _____

AISB2  Automated reasoning              (2 days)  _____

AISB3  Evolutionary computing           (2 days)  _____

AISB4  Practical reasoning and 	        (2 days)  _____

       and rationality
AISB5  Robot navigation                 (2 days)  _____

AISB6  Flexibility of language          (2 days)  _____

Conference

European Conference on Cognitive Science (3 days) _____
(ECCS97)  

=======================================================
			      Registration fees

The registration fee includes a copy of the proceedings, 
refreshments and lunch (except for students at 
the ECCS97), but not dinner.  (Figures in parentheses 
are for AISB student members) 

Please note: registrations postmarked after 1 March 1997 
count as late registrations.

			     AISB        NON-AISB
			     MEMBERS     MEMBERS    COST

2 Day Workshop                90 (60)      120
LATE REGISTRATION:           110 (70)      140     _____

1 Day Tutorial               80  (50)      110
LATE REGISTRATION:          100  (60)      130     _____

AISB97 Tutorial +
ECCS97                      160  (90)      190
LATE REGISTRATION:          180 (100)      210     _____

AISB97 +
ECCS97                      180 (100)      210
LATE REGISTRATION:          200 (110)      230     _____

Dinner & Bed and Breakfast   30  (25)       30
(per night)                  35  (30)       35     _____

Accommodation and food

Lunch is included with all tutorials and workshops.

Please tick as appropriate:

Dinner     7    8     9    10   11   12       April 1997
Bed &     Mon  Tue   Wed  Thur  Fri  Sat Other
Breakfast
	  ___  ___   ___  ___   ___  ___ ______  

=
	___ days x  25* =_____
		    30
		    35

* please refer to table above for appropriate fee

Special dietary considerations (please specify):

________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

    TOTAL COSTS
			Registration __________

		        Food & Accommodation __________

		        Total   __________

=======================================================
I wish to register for the events indicated, and enclose a 
cheque in pounds sterling, drawn on a British clearing 
bank and payable to "AISB97"

for ...........................

Signed _________________________ Date ___________

=======================================================
Please print out this form and send to:

AISB97 Administration
COGS University of Sussex
Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9QH, UK

or fax to Medeni Fordham on:

+44 1273 671320
=======================================================
			C U T    H E R E
=======================================================

Cancellations

The AISB Administration should be notified in writing of all
cancellations.  Cancellations received before 7 March will incur a 20%
administration charge. We cannot accept any cancellations after that
date. We recommend that you check that a tutorial/workshop is going
ahead before confirming your travel arrangements.

Accommodation:

Accommodation for AISB97 will be provided on the  University of
Manchester's Fallowfield Campus.  Residential accommodation will be at
Ashburne Hall and the workshops will be held at Woolton Hall.  All
accommodation for ECCS97 will be at the University of Manchester's
Holly Royde Conference Centre

=======================================================
AISB Membership

Annual subscription for AISB membership is:  25 for UK and 28 for EU
full members; 15 for UK and 19 for EU student members

Delegates wishing to join AISB (thus avoiding the non-AISB-member
supplement) should contact: Medeni Fordham ([email-masked])

AISB Executive Office Cognitive and Computing Sciences (COGS)
University of Sussex Falmer Brighton, BN1 9QH UK

Tel: (+44) 1273 678448 Fax: (+44) 1273 671320