Subject: Final CFP/A: AISB Workshop on Evolutionary Computation
From: David Corne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 14:04:02 +0000
Newsgroups: comp.ai.genetic,comp.ai.neural-nets,comp.ai

Jon,

   On re-reading our original CFP, I noticed that the comments about
 publishing were already quite strong. So, all I've done to this is 
 boil it down to a single sentence about Springer, and revised the
 deadline to December 17th (my Birthday); also, by putting `ABSTRACTS'
 in the title, perhaps we don't frighten people so much with the thought
 that they only have a week to come up with a full paper. Meanwhile, the
 note underneath the title serves as a `diff' for those already acquainted
 with the call.

   I haven't explained the extension, since I'm sure nobody would believe
 us if we said anything other than `we haven't got enough papers yet', 
 Also, for your interest, I happen to know that the original deadline of 
 ICANNGA was eventually extended by about six weeks.

       Dave

                   FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS/ABSTRACTS

           #############################################
           #       The 1997 AISB Workshop on:          #
           #         EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTING            #
           #############################################
           #  Note: Revised Deadline for Submissions   #
           #############################################

April 7th-8th, 1996,
University of Manchester, UK

Outline:

 This is the fourth AISB Workshop on Evolutionary Computation. The
aims are to give researchers in the area of evolutionary computing an
opportunity to present the latest research and discuss current
developments in an informal workshop atmosphere. Submissions are
invited from researchers working in all areas of evolutionary
computing. Submitted papers may describe: theoretical developments,
experiments on performance or behaviour of evolutionary algorithms,
novel or high-performance applications of evolutionary computation, or
computational models of evolutionary systems.

 The workshop will consist primarily of oral and poster sessions, with
a invited talks and panel discussions.  Copies of accepted papers will
be distributed at the workshop; following a further round of
reviewing, high-quality selected papers will appear in a post-workshop
proceedings published by Springer.

 This workshop directly precedes the 2nd European Conference on
Cognitive Science (ECCS97) which is also held in Manchester.

Subjects:

 Evolutionary Programming, Evolution Strategies, Genetic Algorithms,
Classifier Systems, Genetic Programming, Computation of Evolving
Populations.

Submissions:

 To submit, send a 2000-3000 word extended abstract or short paper
(maximum 6 sides of A4) to either of the co-chairs - to Jonathan
Shapiro for theoretical papers or to David Corne for
application-oriented works. Addresses are below. Submissions of
postscript by email are preferred; if paper copies are submitted by
post, please include four copies.

 If you wish to attend without submitting a paper please submit a
summary of interests.

Programme Committee:

         David Corne, University of Reading (co-Chair)
         Jonathan Shapiro, University of Manchester (co-Chair)

         Edmund Burke, Nottingham University
         Hugh Cartwright, Oxford University  
         Marco Dorigo, Free University of Brussels
         Stuart Flockton, London University
         Terence Fogarty, Napier University
         Pete Hancock,  Stirling University
         Inman Harvey, Sussex University
         Phil Husbands, Sussex University
         Ian Parmee,  Plymouth University
         Ray Paton,  University of Liverpool
         Riccardo Poli, Birmingham University
         Nick Radcliffe, Quadstone Ltd, Edinburgh
         Colin Reeves, Conventry University
         Peter Ross,  University of Edinburgh
         Andrew Tuson, University of Edinburgh

Timetable:
17th Dec:  Last date for submission of extended abstracts/papers.
2nd Feb:   Notification of accepted papers
1st Mar:   Camera ready papers due for workshop booklet.
15th May:  Camera ready papers due for published proceedings
             
Workshop URL: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/ai/AISB97/evolutionary.html

Contacts:

David Corne
email: [email-masked]
post: David Corne, Department of Computer Science, University of Reading,
PO Box 225, Whiteknights, Reading RG6 6AY, UK
Tel: 01734 318983 FAX: 01734 751994

Jonathan Shapiro
email [email-masked]
post: Jonathan Shapiro, Department of Computer Science, University of
Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Tel: 0161 275 6253 FAX: 0161 275 6236