Subject: Invitation !
From: "Nikolai Nikolaev" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 14:38:51 GMT-3

Dear  Mr. Wrobel,

 I am happy to invite you to the best AI conference
 in Eastern Europe. It has long traditions and is widely
 recognized. The conference is organized by my colleaques
 from the Bulgarian Academy, and the proceedings will be 
 published by Academic Press.

 Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

 Best regards,
              Nikolay Nikolaev

                         CALL FOR PAPERS

                            AIMSA'96

    7th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence:
               Methodology, Systems, Applications
                       Sozopol, Bulgaria,
                      September 18-20, 1996

The AIMSA conference series has provided a biennial forum for 
presentation of  AI research and  development since 1984. The 
conferences, which are held in Bulgaria, cover the full range 
of AI, and are noted for their well  established tradition of 
international scientific exchange between Central and Eastern
Europe and the rest of the world.

AIMSA'96 is sponsored by ECCAI, European Coordinating Committee
for Artificial Intelligence.

Topics of interest

* Automated reasoning: theorem proving, reasoning about action
and change, reasoning about time and space, constraint
satisfaction, reasoning on uncertainty and with fuzzy sets,
analogy and induction, machine learning.

* Logics for AI: logics for knowledge, belief and intention,
multi-valued logics, modal and temporal logics, epistemic logics,
fuzzy logics.

* Languages, structures and algorithms for AI: logic programming,
inductive logic programming, constraint programming, multi-agent
systems, connectionist systems, genetic algorithms, parallel
processing for AI.

* Knowledge-based systems: languages and systems for representing
knowledge, object-based knowledge representation systems,
knowledge acquisition, validation of knowledge-based systems.

* Natural language processing: syntax, semantics, discourse,
speech recognition and understanding, natural language
generation, natural language front ends.

* Perception and action: computer vision, object recognition,
stereo vision, active vision, robotics systems, robot
programming, robot motion planning, mobile robotics,
behavior-based reactive robots.

* Principles of AI applications: AI for decision systems, AI in
education, AI in engineering design, AI in manufacturing control,
AI in medicine, AI in molecular biology, AI in environmental
sciences.

Format of papers

Papers should be written in English and be printed on one side of
A4 paper (21cm x 29.7cm), using high quality printers. Format
should be single-spaced, with no more than 50 lines per page, 3cm
margins and 12 point type. Minimum length is 2500 words (about 5
pages single-spaced) and maximum 5000 words (10 pages), including
figures, tables, diagrams. Electronic or fax submission will not
be considered.

Each paper should start with:

* Title of the paper (with 18 point type),
* Names and institutions of all authors,
* Postal and email address of one of the authors (to whom mail
from the program committee will be sent),
* An abstract of 100-150 words.

Selection of paper

Each paper will be reviewed by several referees. Selection
criteria include accuracy and originality of ideas, clarity and
significance of results, quality of presentation. Authors of
accepted papers will be asked to prepare final versions for the
proceedings and are expected to present their papers at the
conference.

Best paper award

The program committee will select one paper of exceptional
quality among the accepted papers. The authors will receive the
best paper award during the conference.

Submission of papers

* March 03, 1996: Deadline for submissions
* April 22, 1996: Notification of acceptance
* May 20, 1996:  Deadline for final papers

Four copies of submitted papers must be sent to:

Allan Ramsay - AIMSA'96 Program Chair
Department of Language and Linguistics
UMIST
PO BOX 88, Manchester M60 1QD
United Kingdom

For further information concerning submission:

Email: [email-masked]
Fax: (44) (0) 161 200 3099
Phone: (44) (0) 161 200 3108 (direct)
       (44) (0) 161 2036 3311 (switch)

Program committee

Benedict du Boulay         (UK)
Peter Braspenning          (The Netherlands)
Ivan Bratko                (Slovenia) 
Peter Brusilovsky          (Russia) 
Christo Dichev             (Bulgaria)
Danail Dochev              (Bulgaria)
Altay Guvenir              (Turkey) 
Steffen Holldobler         (Germany) 
Philippe Jorrand           (France)
Vladimir Marik             (Czech Republic)  
Alberto Martelli           (Italy)
Pedro Meseguer             (Spain)
Ewa Orlowska               (Poland)
Ivan Plander               (Slovakia)
Allan Ramsay               (UK, programme chair) 
Ronan Reilly               (Ireland) 
Vassil Sgurev              (Bulgaria)
Luc Steels                 (Belgium)
Mark Stickel               (USA)
Dan Tufis                  (Romania) 
Dimitar Vakarelov          (Bulgaria) 
Tibor Vamos                (Hungary)
David Young                (UK)

Organization

AIMSA'96 is organized by:

* Bulgarian Artificial Intelligence Association
* Institute for Information Technologies
* Union of Bulgarian Mathematicians

with the support of the Bulgarian Society for Cognitive Science
and of the Bulgarian Association for Pattern Recognition.

Local arrangements

For further information write to:

Christo Dichev - AIMSA'96,
Institute for Information Technologies
Bl. 29A, Acad. G. Bonchev St.
1113 SOFIA - BULGARIA

Email: [email-masked]
Fax:   +359 2 720 166
Phone: +359 2 707 586

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikolay I. Nikolaev                                        
Assist.Professor of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
American University in Bulgaria
Blagoevgrad  2700
Bulgaria

e-mail:   [email-masked]
http://www.aubg.bg/faculty/cs/nikolaev/nikolaev.html
phone:   (+359) 732-54-21 / int. 429
fax:        (+359) 732-53-94

---------------------------------------------------------------------------