Subject: AI EDAM, Call for Abstracts, ML in Design
From: [email-masked] (David Brown)
Date: 18 Mar 1995 01:32:59 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.ai

AI EDAM JOURNAL: SPECIAL ISSUE ON MACHINE LEARNING IN DESIGN

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

The Uniform Resource Locator for this document is:

	http://cs.wpi.edu/~dcb/EDAM/MLinD-abstracts.html

In the 1994 AI in Design conference, AID'94, there was a workshop on
Machine Learning in Design. The convenors of the workshop, Alex Duffy,
Dave Brown, and Mary Lou Maher, are guest editing a special issue of AI
EDAM on Machine Learning in Design. The papers that will appear were
invited from the workshop participants.

In order to produce a good overview of the state of research concerning
the application of Machine Learning to Design, we would also like to
include a set of abstracts of work in progress, or of summaries of work
over several years.

You are invited to submit an abstract to be included in this special
issue.

In order to allow everyone to see and respond to the abstracts that
will appear in this issue, we have set up a web page to be the
repository of submissions. To submit your abstract, send it by email
to:

   [email-masked]

To see what abstracts are already submitted and to monitor the progress
of the submissions, the URL is:

   http://www.arch.su.edu.au/kcdc/ 

and follow the link to AI EDAM Abstracts. 

Please prepare an abstract of approximately 1000 words, with
approximately 4 to 5 references to your own related publications, and
submit it by email -- the sooner the better. The email message will be
converted to hypermail and will appear on the web.  The mail is not
sent to anyone in particular. If you want to include diagrams, place
them on your own web pages and include the URL in your abstract, the
hypermail converter will create the link.

You are welcome to comment on abstracts submitted by others. This set
of abstracts will be a collaborative effort of the authors and editors.
Thanks in advance for including an abstract of your work. We look
forward to working with you to make this a truly special issue.

This announcement will be mailed to selected researchers, will be
posted on the relevant newsgroups, and can be accessed via the web page
http://cs.wpi.edu/Research/aidg/AIinD-hotlist.html

Thanks, 
	Mary Lou, Alex, and Dave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Version: 
   17th March 1995 

Written by: 
   Mary Lou Maher ([email-masked]) 
   Alex Duffy ([email-masked]) 
   Dave Brown ([email-masked]) 

======================================================================

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. D. C. Brown, AI Research Group, C.S. Dept., WPI, Worcester, MA 01609, USA
(508) 831-5618   FAX: (508) 831-5776   [email-masked]   http://cs.wpi.edu/~dcb/ 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------